“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hostel   |   108 Bridge Street, Saint Augustine, FL 32084   |
Winter Haven, Florida
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Now, its not a 5 star hotel with marble counters and all that, it is an old house built in the 1800's. The experience is something that I will never forget. My wife and I booked the private two bedroom. It has its own private bath. We had two other couples come stay with us, it was almost like camping!! The kitchen and bathrooms were very clean. Charles is awesome, offered to let us use fishing poles and the like. There is a grill, and a really nice back porch area.Research what a hostel is before you book and blame...

The best part was meeting people from all walks of life. We sat around the pool table with some cocktails and played a game, and people that were staying in the hostel would come join in, we had a blast. It was something you would not experience at a stuffy hotel. I recomend it, especially if you want to try something new
THANKS CHARLES!!!! See ya next year!

Room Tip: The two bedroom opens right out on to the back porch
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed for two nights and was kind of confused about my stay. The owner was very nice and helpful when I arrived, but my first night was frightening and I was very happy that I booked a single room which I could lock. I woke up the first night because someone coughed very very loud. After a couple of minutes I went to go to the washroom and found a homeless guy (he looked homeless) sleeping right next to the toilet completely drunk and snoring..... Luckily there was a second washroom where I could go to. But this was kind of weird.... However the second night was similar, as strange noises where all over the place and I could't get any sleep. I wouldn't return there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My wife and I are traveling the USA and booked this hostel in Feb to stay in May over a public holiday weekend. On arrival the staff couldn't find our reservation and even after I showed the email confirmation and email from the hostel itself they denied or booking stating that hostels.com overbooks. No apology just a referral to an overpriced terribly unclean hotel. Paid over double for a room I wouldn't wish on an enemy. Do not support these people, especially there referral hotel, econo inn.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

The best place u could possibly stay, obviously people will have different opinions & experiences but I will never forget my stay. They have bikes to rent but rly everything you need is in walking distance. Charles is very sweet & I enjoyed everyone else's company as well

• Stayed October 2012
j-ville, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Charles, Linc and the rest of the staff made me feel relaxed and with the cool people around the hostel and the laid-back atmosphere of St. Augustine, it was a great weekend.
You can't beat the price if you need a rack to crash for a few nights and breakfast too?!!
Was in the city for the Scottish games and between that, the hostel and the small town night life, it will be a place I would come back and hang at for a weekend getaway.

Room Tip: Make reservations.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I had a great time at 'the casa' as I came to call it. Charles, Lincoln, and the rest of the staff made sure I was taken care of while I waited for my RV to be fixed over the course of a week. I met a bunch of interesting folks from around the world and got great recommendations of where to go and what to see in St Augustine.

At one point I thought I had lost my wallet and was beginning to freak out, but Lincoln was right on top of the situation. Even after I repeatedly looked through my bags with no luck, he made sure I turned it over and dumped it out, and wah-la, there it was - crisis averted.

I was sad to leave after sharing so many laughs and good times with my new friends. Hasta Luego Casa Yallaha!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Casa Yallaha Hostel? Share your experiences!