“Stay here” 5 of 5 stars

Casa Yallaha Hostel
3.0 of 5 Hostel   |   108 Bridge Street, Saint Augustine, FL 32084   |
“Stay here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

The best place u could possibly stay, obviously people will have different opinions & experiences but I will never forget my stay. They have bikes to rent but rly everything you need is in walking distance. Charles is very sweet & I enjoyed everyone else's company as well

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
j-ville, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Charles, Linc and the rest of the staff made me feel relaxed and with the cool people around the hostel and the laid-back atmosphere of St. Augustine, it was a great weekend.
You can't beat the price if you need a rack to crash for a few nights and breakfast too?!!
Was in the city for the Scottish games and between that, the hostel and the small town night life, it will be a place I would come back and hang at for a weekend getaway.

Room Tip: Make reservations.
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I had a great time at 'the casa' as I came to call it. Charles, Lincoln, and the rest of the staff made sure I was taken care of while I waited for my RV to be fixed over the course of a week. I met a bunch of interesting folks from around the world and got great recommendations of where to go and what to see in St Augustine.

At one point I thought I had lost my wallet and was beginning to freak out, but Lincoln was right on top of the situation. Even after I repeatedly looked through my bags with no luck, he made sure I turned it over and dumped it out, and wah-la, there it was - crisis averted.

I was sad to leave after sharing so many laughs and good times with my new friends. Hasta Luego Casa Yallaha!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Excellent location. Absolutely LOVED this place. Charles, the head of the household is absolutely fabulous to talk to, full of stories about his life and Indian heritage. Sometimes his brother and friend come over and cook in the kitchen and makes it feel like a real home-a family affair. I so enjoyed how this felt like a real house, with living room, hardwood floors, TV that everyone can watch together (and a tv in each room), a pool table. Best of all was the kitchen: 2 stoves, 2 ovens, plenty of pots and pans to use, a refrigerator for all your stuff, lots of counter space. It was major fun to cook with all the guests. The porch on the front and the back of the house are great for relaxing and or socializing. The whole house was mega clean and smelled clean. My only complaint was feeling hot at night in the room, but one can open windows to solve that or communicate with Charles. I would definitely come straight back here just to hang with Charles and his brother AND I will recommend this to all my friends. It's also in walking distance to everything cool you would wanna do in St. Augustine. Thanks, guys.

Room Tip: Choose the Valentine room. It's more spacious with a bigger bed and in a special place upstairs!
Alpharetta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

First of all I wanted to start off by saying how unprofessional this staff was. The old man there was drunk more then half the time walking and stumling around. The younger staff members were very unprofessional as well, one of them clearly very high from smoking while giving tours of the hostel while checking people in. While we were there the owner had said we could have one of the kittens that were there on the pourch and said it was a stray and was his to give away. So when we left we took the kitten and left a note incase any problems came up. Later that day I started getting called from the younger staff members harrasing me acting like I had stole from them saying that it wasnt ok that I took the cat and that the owner had no say in the matter on who gave away cats. What had happend was that the kitten belonged with the owners next door to him and it wasnt his to give away. To make matters worse the younger staff members gave away my personal information including address and number to them without asking me for promission to give out my information and the other owners that I had never met or have ever seen showed up at my place in georgia seven hours away to get the kitten back at one in the morning the day I get home from vacation with my girlfriend. For people looking for a place to stay I would strongly reccommend elsewhere or if you stay there DO NOT give them any information that you dont want them giving to other people.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I just got finished with my second stay at Casa Yallaha and will not hesitate to return in the future- and will recommend this as THE place to stay in ST. Augustine! Originally, three of my friends stayed here in 2009 (when I had an apt. in town) and raved about the friendly staff and cool accommodations. So when I returned to St. Augustine for two separate visits in 2012 and 2013, I decided to give it a go and was NOT disappointed!
Sitting on the back deck and listening to music with the other guests and staff, sharing food/cooking in the community kitchen, watching movies as a group, going out on the town with other guests: I've had SO much fun staying there! The guests are always interesting and from all over the globe which makes for some great conversations over dinner or drinks...
I have heard from the staff that it's often booked way into the future-so I guess the word is out that it's the best place to stay in ST. Augustine. It's a small hostel with only 20 or so beds: more like home than one of the big hostels I have stayed at in Europe, which makes for a more personal, intimate experience. I love this place! :)

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed at Casa Yallaha for 2 nights with a few friends during our spring break and had an amazing time. The location was great and the fact that it wasn't in the heart of the historic district gave us the opportunity to explore the surrounding neighborhoods which were beautiful and offered a less touristy look at St. Augustine. The accommodations ended up being roughly $25 a night (for a private room) and I don't think anyone can argue with those prices. The rooms were spacious and clean as were the common areas and there was even a pool table. The manager (whose name escapes me) was accommodating and while I can understand why someone could perceive his tough demeanor as rude I thought he was really funny and one of the nicest, most competent hostel managers I've encountered. My boyfriend and I were the only ones who had ever stayed in a hostel before so it was the first time for our friends and they all really enjoyed the experience immensely thanks to Casa Yallaha. On a final, and somewhat unrelated note there's a beautiful Siamese cat named Ko Ko who lives there who is the absolute sweetest and made the stay even better!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Casa Yallaha Hostel? Share your experiences!