“Best Vacay Ever!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dorm Beds just $25 + tax
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Best Vacay Ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

I'm a 21 year old girl who loves adventure! I went here to just get away for a week. Had the best time! It's clean, homey, aesthetically pleasing, and just a short walk away from all the fun stuff in St. Augustine. Charles is a great host and keeps a great hostel. Another perk, met people from Germany, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Belgium, and other places. Best vacation yet! I'm reposting this on other sites cause I loved it so much.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

We had such a great stay at the Casa Yalaha... We so enjoyed Charles hospitality and the downtown area was so close within 3 blocks of the main downtown square. We ate at the A1 alehouse and walked around th beautiful city. The house is so beautiful with what-nots from all aver the world. The kitchen is big and has 2 ovens that we used to cook breakfast the next morning. The rooms are big and the bathrooms were super clean... We look forward to staying next year... Thanks Charles...

Room Tip: Best Stay for the money hands down...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Well, I saw plenty of hostels around Europe and USA and Casa Yallaha is one of the best I've ever stayed. This small, family run hostel has everything what you might need. There is a large common room with comfortable sofa, large and well equiped kitchen, lockers in room, pool table, computer access and wifi, patio and free car park. And of course the staff is nice and very helpful.
I stayed in a dorm but there are private rooms as well. The room was clean and spacious. The same with bathrooms - clean and roomy.
The hostel is located in the walking distance from St.Augustine's tourist centre. The neighbourhood seemed to be calm and safe, although I didn't have an oportunity to roam at night.
Generaly, there's nothing bad to say about this place and I was statisfied for staying there. If you are looking for nice and cheap place to stay in, then I definitely recommend Casa Yallaha.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011 via mobile

I've stayed at many hostels across the world and this one is by far the nicest. I've stayed here numerous times and I have nothing but great things tO say about it. Many times I've come home from a day of exploring and I've been offered to grill out (bringing my own offerings of course) or to sit with the owner and the other guests and have a cocktail. The guests are always friendly and the house is set up as a functioning family household with a family living room and a fill size kitchen. The kitchen even has spices and extras so you can actually cook stuff without buying every single nessicary item for cooking. There is a awesome front porch perfect for enjoying Florida and tons of flowers all around the porch to enjoy. I can't say enough good things about this place. The people that have commented negatively onthis place have obviously never stayed at a real hostel before. Usually a hostel has a stove, no kitchen utensils or tools a bathroom but no towels or mats And a bed but sometimes no sheets and rarely even air conditioning. This place is clearly much more pleasant than the rest.

• Stayed June 2011
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

So I wanted to try something different this time in St. Augustine so I seriously considered Casa Yallaha. I've stayed at hostels around the world, so i'm quite aware of the experience. So any way, I called Casa Yallaha to get some additional info Well, I guess they aren't used to people calling with questions. Rude as s**t. The man who answered acting annoyed from the minute he answered the phone (1:00pm on a Sunday) as if he couldn't be bothered with my intrusion into his day. He was sighing continuously after every question I asked. Wow, Really guy? Sorry I wanted some info about your establishment. I was going to bring a party of 5 but I've changed my mind. Thank you for helping me make my decision.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

My fiance and I actually stayed here back in April of 2010 for our best bud's wedding, and I'm just now getting around to writing a review! Could've sworn I had already written one, sorry about that!

Needless to say, we didn't have a lot of money to blow, so this was perfect! We stayed in the couple's private room (aka family/friends room) because the 3 beds came in handy the first night when my fiance, the groom, and a groomsman stayed in this room. The second night it was just me and my fiance. And another groomsman and his girlfriend stayed in the Lotus room. The owner, Charles, had no problem with the sleeping arrangements so long as we told him ahead of time and paid for the extra people. Speaking of the owner, what can I say...he was AWESOME!!! Definitely a no-nonsense guy but still easygoing and very accommodating. So long as you follow the rules, no problems. He even had a drink with us while we played pool! And he also recommended a great place to eat breakfast the following day!

This was definitely the cleanest hostel I've ever been to...and the most private. Really had something to suit everyone. We didn't stay that long but if we had we definitely would've used the kitchen. The bathrooms were very clean too! There were plenty of movies to watch, books to read, people to talk to, a computer/internet to use, board games, and pool table. There was also a laundry room and back patio where you could cook out or lounge around. And we LOVED Zeus (I think that is his name - it's been so long!), the zany cat who immediately perked our interest and captured our hearts. He's adorable!

Charles, thank you for being so flexible and partying with us...but keeping us in line at the same time! You definitely made that wedding weekend memorable - we had a blast and will try to return soon!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Casa Yallaha is a perfect place to stay for a few days to explore St Augustine. Off street parking is free and the old town is within walking distance.
Will stay here again. Rooms are clean and affordable. Recommended!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Yallaha Hostel? Share your experiences!