“Comfortable Base but a bit far out” 4 of 5 stars

$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #9 of 78 Hotels in Saint Augustine
GreenLeadersSilver level
Teesside
“Comfortable Base but a bit far out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed one night (September 17th 2012) while visiting St Augustine. Room was very spacious & bed was comfortable. We had a deal with breakfast & that too was pleasant. Hotel is handy for the shopping outlets but it is quite far away from St Augustine itself. We drove into the city & there was free on street parking after 5pm but most of the shops etc close shortly after.
a better bet would be The Best Western Spanish Quarter - a perfect location for everything on offer

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
CourtyardStAugustine, Manager at Courtyard St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay! I wish our location better fit your needs, but we do our best to make up for that with our service and cleanliness. We hope to have you stay again if you return to the area, but if not, I hope your experience here will be the same with every Marriott you stay at during your travels.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great place to stay! This hotel is CLEAN, comfortable, relaxing, pleasing to the eye, a great staff, and great value! I would definitely stay here again!

I decided to stay here after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor and I'm so glad I did! I would recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
We are glad to see you loved your stay! If there are ever any suggestions you may have on how we can better accomodate you, please let us know! Thank you for leaving a review, and we look forward to having you stay with us if your travels bring you back to the area!

Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed 4 nights at this hotel in October, and came away very happy. The hotel was nice, clean, and modern. I booked through a discount web site and received a GREAT deal, which made my stay even more satisfying. The staff was friendly; the only slight drawback I had to my visit is that the front desk was not very forthcoming with information about the hotel and surrounding areas. I asked about dining recommendations in the area and was given a few chain restaurants; the staff didn't seem familiar with the local offerings. The front desk didn't inform me that there was a gym, fire pit, etc. on site, although the bistro downstairs had reasonable pricing on the breakfast items.

All in all, though, a very positive experience, and I would gladly stay here again rather than pay the prices downtown which may be more convenient in terms of distance.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your review! I appreciate the feedback regarding your experiance with our front desk agent, and will work with my staff to better provide information to our guests. Thank you for choosing our hotel, and we look forward to have you stay with us again!

Westport, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Hotel is very well done, clean and modern. Bed was amazingly comfortable and I appreciated the sofa as opposed to a chair. Staff was great. Not close to much but was a very nice place. I'd booked through a 3rd party agent (as is my M.O.) but the agent didn't blink an eye. Occasionally I run into people who look down upon that. Not the case here.
I did not utilize the bar/restaurant but when I checked out in the morning I saw quite a few other guests eating there, which is a good sign.
All in all, I highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate the kind words and we look forward to having you return!

Lakeland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We left the Days Inn/Roach Hotel at midnight and started driving in hopes to find a half-way decent place to stay. Thankfully, we ended up at the Courtyard!!! It was beautiful!! When we checked in (at 1am), the super nice guy at the desk asked if we would like to sit outside at the firepit...which as exhausted as we were, we thought that would be a nice and relaxing way to end a stressful evening at the Days Inn. He lit the pit for us, and from that moment on, everything was PERFECT!! The breakfast was delicious and served by sweet women. The dining area was so pretty and we sat in a booth with a private tv. We will be back with 20 of us in March when we come back for my wedding day!! SO VERY PERFECT!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
CourtyardStAugustine, Manager at Courtyard St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience at our hotel! I am very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to having you return in March! If you plan on having a large amount of rooms, please feel free to contact the hotel and ask for the sales department, and they will get you set up with a group block. Thank you again for choosing the Courtyard St. Augustine!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on our way to Savannah and was impressed. Check in was welcoming and smooth and the chef in the Bistro went out of his way to ensure that we benefitted from the happy hour offer :)
Decided to stay here after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor and wasn't disappointed. Would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone - clean, convenient and good value.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for your review! It's great to see you enjoyed your stay! If there are ever any suggestions or ideas on how we can improve our service, please let us know! We look forward to having you return if your travels ever bring you back to the area!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel by accident, but soooo glad we found it! We had reservations elsewhere but never stayed. This hotel came up on a hotel app search and we were very glad we found it. The place is clean, spacious and caters to its guests. There is coffee and tea complimentary in the lobby, a business center where you can look up attractions and even print directions! The location is a bit out of the way (2 miles west of San Marco) but well worth the drive. Bathrooms and rooms are big and very clean. Service is great! Excellent value for under $100 dollars per night. Definitely recommend this place if you are visitng St. Augustine.

• Stayed July 2012
I'm glad to see that fate happened to bring you to our hotel! We appreciate you deciding to stay with us, and we hope to see you again if you are ever back in St. Augustine! Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to further assist you!

Assistant General Manager

Been to Courtyard St. Augustine I-95? Share your experiences!