“very clean, but” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Vero Beach, Florida
“very clean, but”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

rooms and lobbyvery clean, and well equipped,, nice pool and gym
great staff,would come back
but now for the faults
entrance hard to find
no free breakfast, which is available at most other area hotels
breakfast expensive, no business channels on tv,fbn or cnbc
walls thin between rooms, sheets not changed every day, if staying for more than 1 night

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
CourtyardStAugustine, Manager at Courtyard St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, September 1, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the suggestions for improvement. We use our guests comments to continue improving our services each and every day. We are currently working on the topics you mentioned and some of them should be changed in the near furture. If there are any other suggestions you may have, please let us know!

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I love the new, updated Courtyards, and this one did not disappoint! Our room was spotless. The bathrooms were a little too small, but the tub with the granite shelf at the end was great. The decor was really nice. My elderly father loved the toggle switch to turn off the bedside lights -- much easier than the thumbscrew types. Yes, it's the little things like that which can make a difference.
The breakfast at the Bistro offered us a nice selection, and I appreciated the calorie display for the items on the menu . There was a breakfast option to please everyone in our group. The media pods are cool, but hard to snag as they are popular. I enjoyed surfing on the computers, and perusing the book shelf for books on the local area.
Even though it was August, the fire pit was roaring, and there were people gathered around it.
The location was good for us...away from all the tacky tourist junk in St. Augustine. We cruised over to the outlet malls one morning -- very conveniently located to the hotel. The traffic was pretty insane when we were there - probably due to being near the interstate exchange.
At lastly, the staff from housekeeping, to the front desk was very friendly .

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
CourtyardStAugustine, Manager at Courtyard St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review about your stay. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! We are always looking for ways to improve to make our guests more comfortable and relaxed every time they return, which it why these reviews are so improtant to us. Just as you stated in your review, "It's the little things which can make a difference". We hope to see you again if you return to St. Augustine!

north carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

My husband and I visit St Augustine often with a daughter living in Jacksonville. We usually stay downtown at a B&B. With this daughter getting married downtown I needed 8 rooms just for my family. Other wedding guests rented rooms at this hotel as well. Amazing is all I can say. I thought I would miss being downtown but I loved it here. Peaceful, the hotel is not on top of anything but close enough to be anywhere in minutes. Same exit as the outlet stores, 10 minutes from downtown. Place was immaculate. Oversized lobby, really layed out well. For my stay I have to say customer service was over the top! Front desk staff was always helpful with maps and suggestions. We used the pool area and lobby a bunch. Immaculate rooms. Towels at the pool, someone always walking around picking things up. I am telling you this hotel is an absolute steal for the price. And it was full but quiet.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Mainer
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

This is a new Courtyard, and was a great value. Altho it had a few "cons", I would still highly recommend.
PROS:
- Very nice lobby area
-Bistro for breakfast had a number of healthy alternatives (yogurt parfait, egg whites, oatmeal w/dried fruit and walnuts) and was extremely reasonably priced
-Several booths in bistro/lobby had their own built in tvs, great for watching morning news/weather while having breakfast
-wifi worked flawlessly, super easy to connect
-Room was nicely appointed, and had frig and microwave
-Lights by beds had easily reached on/off switch, great for reading in bed, and also had
elec outlet for charging phone, ereader, etc
-Granite counter in bathrm, and nice extra shelf for toiletries
-Both wsj and usa today avail in lobby
-Nice pool area, with seating around it
CONS:
-Strange location, nothing within walking distance, but only about 10 min drive from downtown, outlet malls are very close but still require car to get to
-Only mirror is in bathroom, having one in bedrm would have been helpful when getting ready to go out
-Electrical outlet in bath is oddly placed, on far side of sink, so that cord drapes over sink making it impossible for someone to use sink if other person is using outlet for hairdryer, curling iron, etc
-Clock by bed doesn't illuminate, so couldn't tell time w/out turning on light at night, but that may just have been a malfunction of the radio/clock in this one room
-We stayed 3 nights, and floor in bathrm was never swept

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay while visiting our Nations Oldest City! We appreciate the kind words, but also appreciate the feedback on the "cons"! We use this feedback to improve our operations and guest service each and every day. I will forward your review to the appropriate departments to have your concerns addressed. We hope to see you again if your travels ever bring you back to the area.

Regards,

Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

Perfect hotel in a quiet location. Nice pool. Loved the Starbucks breakfast options. Front desk staff were rushed and unhelpful - some training needed - you are in the hospitality industry folks!!

The lady that served us at the in-house Starbucks was great.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

My boyfriend and I went here in Feb. since we were going to the historic part of St. Augustine for his birthday. The hotel was great considering what we paid for it. Food, amenities we required, comfortable bedding and good staff. The only downside, downtown is about a 10 minute drive, so if you don't mind going back and forth throughout the day to change into something nicer for dinner, than the Courtyard is a place I would recommend.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

I stayed at the Courtyard St Aug hotel in early May 2011 for a business workshop. The bistro is the same as other Courtyards: a quick-grab menu to satisfy when you're on the run. The Starbucks lemon cake is my fave but the coffee was pretty bland. The rooms were clean and, more importantly, the shower stayed hot all day - and the hotel was full! Unfortunately I didn't discover the firepit near the pool until my last evening there but it made for a lovely way to end a very benefical trip.

Room Tip: Put the kiddies to bed and enjoy the firepit