“Great way to spend a few hours” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Viewing wildlife, Birdwatching
Charlotte, North Carolina
13 attraction reviews
“Great way to spend a few hours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Having driven past this place scores of times, I really didn't expect that much. From the outside, it looks pretty unassuming. Inside there is a huge variety of alligators and crocodiles, displayed in semi-natural settings along pleasant walkways. Beyond the reptiles there are a few monkeys and a surprisingly large rookery where birds fly freely across open alligator ponds.

There are the usual educational shows and alligator feedings, a small snack bar, and (of course) a gift shop. People of all ages seemed to enjoy the park equally, though I think very young children would probably be bored after seeing the first few animals.

Discounts are available for seniors, military and Florida residents. You will do some walking here, though it is not as large as a typical zoo.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
“Better than expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I stopped here with my 6 year old son as a filler between dolphins at Marine land and dinner with friends. I was so surprised by what I found!

The number of crocodiles here is beyond belief. My son and I were shocked! I couldn't believe with the number of animals it didn't cost more!

Maybe it was the time of year, but the birds nesting and caring for their young in the trees in the back area was an amazing and beautiful sight for me and my son enjoyed feeding the animals while I spent too long watching the birds! I wish I had had more quarters on me!

This should definitely be a stop along the way for anyone, especially with boys. Bring quarters so they can feed the gators!!! It was worth admission price to me.

Richmond, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
“A Must-Do with Kids!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We loved the Alligator Farm! It was a great thing to do with our son (11 y.o.) We all loved it. Don't miss the alligator feedings and the rookery. We spent several hours there on an overcast day (some sprinkles) and really enjoyed it. I wish we had made reservations for my son and husband to do the ziplining. Based on some of the reviews on the ziplining, we decided we wanted to see it before making reservations. (I didn't like that there are no guides on the platforms with you, and that our 11 y.o. would be responsible for hooking and unhooking own safety lines and the "trolley," especially to zip line over alligators!) Once we got there, it looked like my husband would be able to be on the platform with him, so we tried to buy tickets, but they were all sold out for ziplining that day. My son was disappointed, but we'll save it to do when we come back.

Livermore, California
5 attraction reviews
“Who would have thought it would be so fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

This place was quite a surprise. The facility was clean, well laid out and pretty. There were lots of alligators to see And they were well kept and in a natural, park like setting. Don't miss this one - even if you don't have any kids!!!

Visited May 2013
Providence, Rhode Island
“Fun Activity for a Cloudy Day: Alligator Farm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Certainly not a first-class zoo, but nonetheless a fun experience. My 12-year-old really enjoyed getting to see the alligators get fed. (What 12-year-old wouldn't?) It also convinced this New England boy that we weren't kidding when we told him not to go into the swamp or hang out by the waters edge in Florida. Fun activity for kids if you catch a cloudy day and can't go to the pool or the beach. The adults in our party also enjoyed the visit. As another reviewer mentioned, the bird exhibits were beautiful.