“Expensive, but fun” 4 of 5 stars

Edmonton, Canada
11 attraction reviews
“Expensive, but fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our family of 5 visited this attraction.

It was really quite expensive for what you get. Once I got over the pain of the price, we enjoyed our time there.

We spent several hours going through this mini-zoo. Most of the zoo is, of course, dedicated to alligators and crocodiles. They have a large number and a wide variety of specimens from all over the world. That was quite fascinating. Most of the display areas are decent for viewing, but not spectacular. They also have quite a number of different birds on site, which adds some nice variety.

They also have an attached adventure park with zip lines, rope ladders, suspension bridges, etc. We didn't do those activities, but they did look fun. I'd be frightened to learn how much those activities would cost our family, however. I didn't ask.

I'm glad that we saw the Alligator farm. It was fun and the kids quite enjoyed it. But would I do it again? No. It's a one time thing as far as I'm concerned.

Did I mention it was expensive?

4 attraction reviews
“My grandsons loved the Alligator Farm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

My grandsons, 4 and 6, love this attraction. They loved the gators, snakes and crocodiles. I love the rookery for all the birds. I also love the fact that they are preserving some species so they don't become extinct. They have all the crocodileans that exist in the world. I like the fact that they are part of a worldwide movement. Something for everyone. PS. Lots of cool photo ops including sitting on an alligator sculpture.

Visited September 2013
Gainesville, Florida
“Fun little place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We LOVE the Alligator Farm! It's small so it's easy to do on a day trip or even before we head to the beach. Staff is always very friendly.

Rochester, New York
6 attraction reviews
“day of fun with alligators and other animals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our day spent as a family with young child(8years of age) and young adults(18&20 years) was relaxing. Many photo opportunities with animals on site and even a stuffed alligator which is the largest in captivity. Snakes, frogs, and lizards galore will greet you. I thought the price was a little over priced but not any more than any other attraction near and far. The animals are well cared for and there is plenty of written information available for guests as they are displayed. The gift shop is the same as others offering cheap but expensive gifts. My youngest son enjoyed the feeding of the alligators as well as the zip line.

11 attraction reviews
“At the top of the lighthouse”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

It's very fun to check out the view from the top of the lighthouse and fun to walk up all the spiral stairs museums are decent.

Visited June 2013