“Nice and new, friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #35 of 74 hotels in Saint Augustine
Athens, Georgia
“Nice and new, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My grandma and I come here for a mini vacation and we came in before check in and they were very accommodating to get us a room right away. our room was very comfortable and clean. The breakfast in the morning was hot and it had a lot of selections. For where we were staying the price paid was very reasonable and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

134 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Orange County, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Room was nice, staff was very helpful, place is clean and shiny, price okay. My only problem was that the Internet didn't work in my room! Had to go to a lounge area on the second floor, where I was joined by a rotating group of others who also couldn't get it to work in their rooms. Other than that, I was pretty happy- oh the A/C was a bit louder than I'd prefer, just because it was pushing in lots of air. Still in all, I'd surely stay there again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We have been visiting St. Augustine, Fl. on a regular basis for about 15 years now and have probably stayed at every CHOICE CLUB hotel...Since our discovery of the Sleep Inn on Anastasia Blvd we will not be staying at any of the other locations...From the moment you are pleasantly greeted by Stephanie right on to the housekeeping staff of Pat your every need is met... Eric the Manager is exceptional...this is a delightful find on our part and will be on yours as well...Melody and Bob James

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Okeechobee, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

The service was great, we paid for two rooms. They provided me with a play pen that I left at home! I was very grateful. Although, I didn't really use it. More updated than it is on the website. Seemed pretty clean. The only problem is the location. You're on the island where there's not much to do besides the lighthouse.

• Stayed July 2013
Daytona Beach, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Better than average room, in fact far nicer that we had expected at a Sleep Inn. The bed and most of the furnishings appear to be new. Very pleasant and prompt check in. Nice free breakfast. We definitely will be back. The nearby Conch House tried to gouge us for many times the Sleep Inns price... so sad. So we stayed here and walked over to meet our friends.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Deerfield Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We are a duet from Palm Beach the play locally @ the Milltop Tavern 5 to 6 times a year. We always stay here now because we have always been pleased with what it offers, (nice staff, reasonable pricing, great location, free continental breakfast, clean pool, clean rooms, quiet, comfy beds & PILLOWS and they are always willing to work with you re: your needs. I suggest it to all our friends that come in town to see us and they feel the same way. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Saint Cloud, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed here for one night on an overnight trip to see the lighthouse. First off, the location is excellent if you're planning to visit the lighthouse as it's less than a mile from the lighthouse. Location is good if you wanted to visit the historic district and the beach as this hotel's about a five minute drive to both (not walkable).
As far as the property, overall, I was satisfied with what I got for the money. Grounds were clean and well kept. Room was likewise. Breakfast was pretty much average fare but the food tasted good. Can't comment on outdoor pool and spa as I didn't use them due to severe storms that hit the area including a EF2 tornado that touched down in nearby Jacksonville the same day. There was people that used the pool and this is where I'll lead into the negatives of my stay.
The soundproofing in my room (room 218 facing the pool) was terrible. I could hear the people down in the pool as well as I could if I was sitting at the pool with them. I could also hear noise from outside my room just as well. Thankfully all noise stopped at a reasonable hour which allowed me to get a good night sleep (11:00pm). Some other things I noticed while I stayed at this hotel that may affect your experience were:
1. Parking lot was very small with limited number of spaces. This may pose a big issue if you stay here on a busy weekend for the city. Luckily, I didn't experience problems with parking at the hotel.
2. No bath tub in my two queen room. Instead there was just a walk in shower. Not a problem with me as I was traveling with my mother. This may pose an issue if you're traveling with young kids so you may wanna call first and ask for a room with a bath tub.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn St. Augustine? Share your experiences!