“Loved the spa pedicure!” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Spas
Attraction Details
New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
“Loved the spa pedicure!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Cosmetologist Kim really knew her stuff! I really enjoyed this hour long service and the results were great! She customized the service to my lifestyle (I'm on my feet about 16 hours a day) and I left feeling relaxed and refreshed and the polish lasted almost 2 weeks.

Visited April 2013

10 attraction reviews
“Great massage, nails not so much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We love coming here for a massage whenever we are in St. Augustine. The massage therapists are very good and really know what they are doing, we highly, highly recommend the massage services and facials.
However, not a fan of the nail services. They have one nail tech who is loud, rude and unprofessional. I was having my nails done by a nice young lady in the same room. the loud one appeared to be doing a friends nails and got very loud. Someone actually came in the room and mentioned that she could be heard across the building. She said, "I don't care", we're having fun. I'd have fired her on the spot for that. The other very odd part of the pedicure is that its done in what appears to be a sink in the floor and you sit on a hard straight back chair, not comfortable at all. Find somwhere else for nail services but you can't go wrong with the massage & facials.

Visited September 2012
44 attraction reviews
“Enjoyed our girls day out massages here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

My mom and I were visiting St. Augustine for a girls weekend and wanted to start off with some pampering.

LOCATION: Conveniently located off Ponce de Leon Blvd (US 1), about 5-10 minutes drive from the historic section. It's in a converted Victorian house on a side street, so it's not a luxurious type of spa but is charming and quaint. Another bonus is they have free parking on site, which is not always easy when you're around the historic district.

CHECK IN: We were able to call the night before and get side by side appointments. We arrived a few minutes early, so they invited us to sit on the sun porch and offered us drinks while we waited.

MASSAGES: Pricing was similar to what I pay in my own non-touristy town, so I was pleased that they didn't have inflated prices but it's a little more casual of a place. The spa I normally go to offers more frills like scented massage oils and shower facilities, but this place was nice enough. The room where I had my massage was nicely decorated and had an en suite bathroom and vanity for freshening up after the massage.

My massage therapist, Jenny, was great and asked me about my problem areas before starting. I got a deep tissue massage and she made sure I was okay with the pressure. This was one of the better massages I've received and I would definitely go to her again. She really thought of everything to ensure I was utterly comfortable and relaxed, from positioning rolls under my neck and shoulders, to offering an eye mask.

We didn't get any other services here, but we both thoroughly enjoyed our massages at Small Indulgences.

Visited July 2012
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“best mani and pedi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

The best mani and pedi! The girls were great! I wish there was a salon as nice as Small Indulgences where I live.

Visited April 2012
“nice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

My husband bought me a package for our anniversary. It was a massage, facial and pedicure

He walked me in and the receptionist was very nice. She offered me a beverage and I had some tea. It was raining that afternoon so i waited on the "sun porch" for my services to start. There's no waiting room per say. Just a porch with magazines. It was nice enough, very comfortable

My massage therapist came a few minutes later to get me for my service. She never said her name. She took me outside to an adjoining area of the spa. She took me to the room, which was very nicely done and looked clean and comfortable. My massage, and I've had many, was about a 3 or 4. I'm giving it that low of a score because she didn't ask me about pressure, didn't ask if I was comfortable. I could go on about the negatives, but I won't. Let's just say that I wouldn't request her again.

Next was my facial. My estheticians name was I think, Jessie. She was very nice and made sure I was comfortable. Her facial was very nice and she didn't make me feel awkward when I turned down her offer to wax my brows. It was a lovely experience and I thought my skin looked good.

Then last but not least was my nail appointment. I thought I was getting a pedicure, but she said manicure, so I didn't argue. She forgot to tell me her name, but she was the very friendly girl with blonde hair and great laugh. She showed me polishes and we got started. She gave a great manicure and I was very happy with it. I think she is the only nail tech that has ever taken the time to not file my finger skin and not cut me while doing my cuticles. I wish I had gotten her name, but she was great.

Overall, it was a great effort on 85% of the staff to give and perform excellent service. Would I return, yes.
They use some great products and the effort is there. Value is great and I had a really nice time. Don't expect a resort style experience, as it is a small city day spa.

Visited October 2011