“great food, even better atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #67 of 508 Restaurants in Saint Augustine
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Stop by any day of the week and you'll encounter the local spirit and charm that makes St. Augustine unlike any other city. It's where you'll find a smiling staff ready to welcome you, take your order and provide the friendly customer experience you expect in a small town. While sipping a refreshing cup of organic coffee or tea, you'll sit near local writers creating their latest work along with students from Flagler College studying or surfing the web with the unlimited Wi-Fi. Customer sitting on a couch at City Coffee CompanyAs you enjoy a freshly made sandwich, you'll see the business people of St. Augustine talking with clients or checking emails. You'll also find people just relaxing as if they were in their own living room or taking in the community art that decorates our walls. If you're looking to connect with the real St. Augustine, you'll find it here.
“great food, even better atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is where the locals go. Great food, coffee, tea, & gifts. Very ecletic feel :) I loved the decor-very green & new age. I love their breakfast wraps-and their salsa is yummmmy!!

Visited March 2013

“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

My family and I were here on vacation and I will admit we are Starbucks customers. We found a little coffee shop and were in love with it! If this coffee shop was in our area, we would be switching. :) We met the owner who is very sweet and the staff is wonderful. They are truly there for their customers no matter if you are a local or a tourist. The atmosphere is lovely! I would highly recommend going if you are looking for excellent customer service and a welcome home feeling. They have everything from coffee to smoothies along with food. We will definitely come back to City Coffee Company and I am sad we were only there on a vacation.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Prime example of greatness !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

OMG. they went out of thier way to please my wife & I, we are those very picky starbuck customers & the owner actually made me specially a great version of my flavor & it was so much better then you can imagine. Plan on visiting every morning & afternoon for week we are here. Super nice service, excellent prices, food & Drinks are wonderful.. *****

Arden, North Carolina, United States
“I miss this place already”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is a gem of a coffee shop. I was in St. Augustine for a few days and happened to stop by one morning when I couldn't find the Starbucks, and I'm glad I did. The locally roasted coffee is some of the best I've had, and the pound of beans I bought on the way out is my favorite souvenir from my vacation.

I live in Asheville where there is certainly no shortage of small coffee shops using locally roasted beans, but none of them even comes close to the Ethiopian Queen City coffee we had.

If you appreciate a good cup of coffee, you have to try this place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Jewel of a find in St. Augustine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We recently relocated to St. Augustine and are coffee snobs. We discovered a great new place for us. City Coffee Company was purchased by a new owner about 1 year ago and she has been making some marvelous changes. Highlights are fresh produce, healthy choices, delicious and different menu choices, rich coffees, marvelous pasteries and outstanding customer service.

Excellent breakfast and lunch menu with fresh local produce, delicious coffee selections, wonderful muffins and pastries from local sources and a very comfortable newly remodeled interior, tables and seating area. Prices are reasonable and the service is excellent. This place is worth driving to.

The new owner is investing and knocking herself out to ensure the food is fresh, local and tasty. The coffee beats "the other guys" typical coffee and the service is personal and committed to customer satisfaction. We recommend this place for a fast breakfast or lunch, a meeting place with clients or customers, or just a place to get away from the maddening crowd. Stop by and make sure you give Robyn your feedback on the food, service and setting. She is interested, involved and genuinely concerned about her customers. The free internet, menu, coffee, setting and service makes this a great local hang out - perfect for a tasty and healthy bite, delicious coffee and a peaceful setting.

• Visited May 2013