“The BEST home rental ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Our House of St. Augustine

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint Augustine
Our House of St. Augustine
You added Our House of St. Augustine to your Saves list
7 Cincinnati Ave., Saint Augustine, FL 32084   |
Ranked #19 of 31 Saint Augustine B&B and Inns
Tampa, Florida
“The BEST home rental ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have rented houses in different areas of the country. This was BY FAR the nicest experience ever.

The home is spectacular, the host is perfect and the location is ideal!!

I planned the weekend in St. Augustine as a surprise get away for my husband's birthday celebration. We stayed in the house with our 3 grown children and one grandchild. Every one of us was blown away by the ambiance and the furnishings. With a king bed and full bath in each room it was perfect for the 6 of us.

Although the house is not in the CENTER of the historic district, it is within walking distance. And that means that you also do not have the noise the accompanies the center of town. It was extremely peaceful and quite at "Our House". And it is in the center of the antique zone. The house sits approximately 100' from the middle of great antique/collectible stores.

David Breezing the host is incredible. I mailed a few small birthday decorations ahead of our stay and hoped that he wouldn't mind sitting them out prior to arrival. Not only did he agree to put them out, he went far above and beyond any decorating I would have thought to do with the pieces I sent. He also recommended places for us to eat that were exactly what we were looking for.

I would HIGHLY recommend this place for people looking comfort, convenience and ambiance.

Room Tip: If you have small children and they are used to a 'child proof' home, this might not be the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
OurHouseHomestays, Owner at Our House of St. Augustine, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for adding your comments about Our House of St. Augustine Historic Homestays & Events.
I was pleased to see that everyone enjoyed the house and location for your family festivities. I had fun getting creative with the decorations you sent ahead of time. I'm like the MacGyver of decorating - give me a few matchsticks and a candy wrapper and I'll create a functioning chandelier! Seriously, you were delightful guests and I hope you'll return! - Dave Brezing, Owner.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed here with my husband, my awesome m-i-l and her boyfriend, and my dad. Each of the three rooms has its own private bathroom which makes it great for each person/couple to have their own privacy. I loved that you could walk to shops in downtown St.Augustine right from the house. The house is in a really convenient location - it is just minutes away from three very different beaches. Dave really went above and beyond in helping us with our internet needs for an important business endeavor while we were there - for which we were very grateful. I loved the outdoor garden areas which were full of butterflies and cute lizards. I almost don't want to write such a good review because I want this house to be our secret. I can't wait to go again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
OurHouseInn, Owner at Our House of St. Augustine, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and found the house and location comfortable for your family. Helping you get the specific Internet connection you needed for your special project was a challenge that I enjoyed fulfilling for you. You are terrific - and very interesting - folks. Thank you for your kind words and for the thoughtful gift you gave me upon your departure. I look forward to your return visit.
- Dave Brezing, Owner
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

You'll be hard-pressed to find anywhere a spot as special as this. Dave Brezing gets everything right with his bed-and-breakfast. Every detail! St. Augustine is full of charming choices to stay for a weekend or longer. But Dave has really created a place that is without equal: warm, inviting--even alluring! A jewel in lovely St. Augustine. You will love what he has done with the decor of the house and studios. The bathrooms are just what you want while you are away, with pretty linens, too. A walk through the gardens will reveal to you how much Dave has put into the property--the fragrant jasmine and eucalyptus will tell you so! If you are lucky enough to have Dave make breakfast for you, you might not find any place in town that can rival his herb-baked eggs or coffee-batter pancakes. There is something decidedly European about the B & B, and about Dave himself--everything is lovely, welcoming, well-designed, refined, un-stuffy--all without ever approaching cloying. Nothing fussy! No knick-knacks! Plenty of private parking at no extra hidden-charge. Close proximity to everything--you'll be able to walk from Dave's into the historic heart of St. Augustine, and along the waterfront. This is the ideal way to see the city! Your privacy is respected at Our House, yet Dave also makes himself very available to you--should you need him. He offers helpful suggestions regarding restaurants and other places to visit (and those to avoid) in town--heed his advice! He has terrific taste. :) You will also enjoy just talking to him, and always wish for a little more time with him. He manages to be both cosmopolitan and down-to-earth! St. Augustine itself is so special, staying at Our House will seal the city in your memory forever. If you wish for a feeling of a respite from your daily grind--a true departure--look no further! Our House Bed and Breakfast of St. Augustine has found you.--Marlene

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Our family thoroughly enjoyed staying in this wonderful home. We stayed there with our two adult children, and loved both the outdoor patio's, and the incredibly comfortable bedrooms. We will definitely plan on staying here again if we make a return trip to St. Augustine. The home is a short walk to historic downtown, and Dave was kind enough to give us some excellent tips on places to eat.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
OurHouseInn, Owner at Our House of St. Augustine, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
I'm so glad Our House played a role in making your visit to St. Augustine rewarding. It made me happy to see your family enjoying together the house, the neighborhood and our very special historic town. A return visit would be most welcome!
- Dave Brezing, Owner
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Our House was perfect for us! I took my wife to St. Augustine for her birthday and Dave (the innkeeper) was pleasant and very helpful, referring us to nice places to eat and things to see. We stayed in the Jasmine Studio for extra privacy and it was fantastic. Super comfortable bed, plenty of space, and what a tub! Thanks Dave for a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: Close enough to downtown to walk everywhere, but far enough away from the crowds.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
OurHouseInn, Owner at Our House of St. Augustine, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I'm happy you enjoyed the spacious Jasmine Studio. As you noted, the property is well located for easy access to restaurants, shops and historic sights. I enjoy steering guests toward the best St. Augustine has to offer. It was a pleasure having you at Our House of St. Augustine Historic Homestays and Events, and I look forward to your future visits!
Dave Brezing, Owner
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

This B&B is in a great location to everything! We walked to all the historic sites, shops, and restaurants. Dave was so kind and really helpful in recommending great restaurants and attractions. The Azalea room offers nice privacy, with even a little kitchenette! My cousin and I loved St Augustine, and would highly recommend Our House to anyone!

• Stayed September 2012
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed here August 17 and 18, 2012 and completely enjoyed our visit. We arrived at St. Augustine in the morning and the host was very accomodating, letting us check in early then giving us directions to all of the sights. Old town was just a couple of streets away. There was rain during much of our stay and the private veranda was the perfect place to relax and enjoy the lovely landscaping on the property. The room was beautifully decorated. Breakfast was wonderful with fresh fruit, an egg caserole and ginger pancakes for desert. Yum!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Our House of St. Augustine? Share your experiences!