“Thou was served as Royalty at this Inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Old City House Inn and Restaurant

You added Old City House Inn and Restaurant to your Saves list
Old City House Inn and Restaurant
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   115 Cordova Street, Saint Augustine, FL 32084   |
Ranked #16 of 31 Saint Augustine B&B and Inns
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Thou was served as Royalty at this Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

When we arrived to this charming bed and breakfast, Christopher(Inn Keeper) was eager to make our stay a memorable one. While we were getting our keys and signing our paperwork, we were giving complimentary wine. The staff here are very pleasant. From Mackney, Alberto and Radick we were handled with the upmost regard, so therefore, we felt we were an honored guest at their bed and breakfast. Not only was the service stellar, the cuisine was fit for a King & Queen. We considered venturing out to other establishments for a great meal, but found we were more than happy to indulge here. I have attached some pictures of our continental breakfast as well as complimentary cheese plate, not to forget our A+ entree's and Appetizers.

Now on to our accommodations...the room was well decorated and served its purpose. The bed could stand to be a bit more softer, but I'm sure if you love firm mattresses, then this would be the best for you. Our room was quiet, but around 1:30 am one evening or morning, whatever you want to look at it I believe we may had a ghostly visit. Why or how you ask? Well, with the staff long gone for the evening and the room next to us vacant we heard a slight banging in the walls... kind of eerie, but it didn't last too long before it disappeared. Nonetheless, the evenings were bliss outside in the courtyard where tranquil music played throughout and soothing sounds of the Lion fountain nearby. What a romantic setting. What else could you need? Yes, great and caring people that run this gem of a place. We will be sure to return...soon!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Alcazar. It had a private entrance on the North side of the Inn. Nice and quiet, ex...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Our first vacation trip since my husband fell and broke hip along with some illness. Juan and Christopher, owners, went out of the way to make sure our stay went well. They could not have been more accommodating and the house itself was delightful and comfortable; beautifully appointed.

The restaurant food was delicious and the presentation was outstanding. It was hard to come home and start serving myself again.

Tarpon Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and I visited St. Augustine for the first time this weekend, and our visit was made perfect by Old City Inn and its staff. Owners Juan and Christopher really know how this should be done. I've stayed in many inns and B&Bs, so I have lots to compare it to. From the time I booked our room until we checked out, everything was perfect. We were actually a bit early to arrive, but it was no problem at all, and we were greeted with a bottle of wine for our anniversary, maps of the city, and continuously warm hospitality.

Our room was clean and decorated beautifully, and complete with many spa quality amenities. I especially liked the make-up remover pads....nice touch for the ladies. There is a terrace with tables upstairs to enjoy a glass of wine outside, and a very cute courtyard downstairs to enjoy a drink from the bar or a complimentary soft drink. We were also invited to a complimentary social with wine and cheese. Unfortunately, we didn't make it to that. So little time....too much to see.

Breakfasts were pure heaven on a plate.....everything from fresh fruit cups, to strawberry French toast, to specialty omelets and breakfast casseroles.....everything too beautifully presented to eat, but OMG.....sooooooooooo delicious. Even the coffee was special. My husband and I are very picky about coffee, and this was very good. The restaurant also serves lunch and dinner, which I am sorry to say, we weren't able to try, but the menu looked very good. We will definitely have dinner there on our next visit.

The location of the inn is also perfect....literally across the street from the Lightner Museum and Flagler College, and only a block from St. George Street. Easily within walking distance to most of the main city attractions, and steps away from a trolley pick-up. Even though it is so close to everything, it is in a place with little traffic, neither foot nor car traffic, making it nice and quiet for sleeping....no road noise or foot traffic like many of the other hotels.

Almost forgot....complimentary bicycles. As I said.....really the perfect place to stay. I know we will be visiting St. Augustine again, and I know I will be staying at the Old City Inn when we do....assuming Juan and Christopher are still there!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Flagler Room. RIght at the top of the stairs; terrace right outside, very roomy wit...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
juan s, Owner at Old City House Inn and Restaurant, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for yours review. We are glad you have great time with as. We are hoping to see you back on your next anniversary or sooner. Juan and Christopher
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My family and I have visited St. Augustine for over 20 years and the new owners Juan and Christopher made our stay a perfect retreat. The rooms are beautifully appointed and the breakfast was scrumptious ! Perfect crapes, with fresh fruit and vanilla cream; delicious omelet, and freshly made homemade potatoes. The put our comfort first to the extent of placing my teens in a room more suited to their needs and upgrading my boyfriend and me to a room with a jacuzzi ! The staff were professional, welcoming and so pleasant. I have stayed at multiple bed and breakfasts from elite registries and I can honestly say that Juan and Christopher provide the most perfect stay isn't Augustine . Other nearby 5 star hotels charge for everything including parking! The inn is literally in the heart of the historic district , yet provides comfortable out door spaces, incredible food and bar with a pampered feel that makes one feel like "spa treatment"! I also left a prized evening bag in my room and Juan called me to return it! The staff having turned it in with credit card and jewelry intact! The Old City House Inn is most perfect retreat in the center of all the activities that beautiful St Augustine has to offer! Marybeth LaPointe - Gainesville , Florida

Room Tip: Simply ask Juan for your needs and he will match you perfectly to any of the gorgeous rooms!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Saint Simons Island, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Old City House Inn and Restaurant was a delightful place to stay. Juan and Christopher,the inn keepers, were very friendly and accommodating. The room was CLEAN and very nicely decorated. The restaurant was delicious. As guests we had free soft drinks and tea during the day. Wine and cheese/fruit plate was perfect. We sat on the couches and talked with comfort and ease. Breakfast the next morning was a two course delight. Parking was on site and everything was in walking distance.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Suwanee, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My fiancé and I visited this lovely inn over Labor Day weekend. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we felt like we were at home. The new owners, Juan and Christopher, are without a doubt the most hard working people in the inn. They went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable and comfortable. The staff is absolutely phenomenal! They were helpful in suggesting the best places to eat, drink, and explore. We were able to get tickets for the trolley right there at the inn. The restaurant downstairs is out of this world! We especially enjoyed the breakfast! Anything we needed....the staff and owners did not hesitate to meet our request. This was our first time visiting St. Augustine and we will most definitely be back! Best trip we have been on in a very long time....and I don't think we would be able to say that if we hadn't stayed at The Old City House Inn! I will be booking my next stay here very soon!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband myself and my son stayed in the Flagler room for 2 nights. The room was clean and we had a nice area outside to sit and have our wine and cheese in the evenings. It is very convenient to have an outdoor separate entrance. The staff was very personable and the breakfast in the AM was outstanding. The location is very convenient to Flagler College, Downtown St. Augustine and the Beach just minutes away! We walked everywhere. Needless to say....we will be back! Thank you for a wonderful Weekend Get Away.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Old City House Inn and Restaurant? Share your experiences!