“I will not return...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Old City House Inn and Restaurant

You added Old City House Inn and Restaurant to your Saves list
Old City House Inn and Restaurant
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   115 Cordova Street, Saint Augustine, FL 32084   |
Ranked #15 of 31 Saint Augustine B&B and Inns
Lakeland
“I will not return...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have never written a bad review about any place. But, I felt that my impression was so different than other reviews that I needed to say something. The restaurant is wonderful and the staff was very attentive. The location was superb. Perhaps, I stayed in the wrong room? I would return to have dinner but never, ever to stay there, again. The blinds did not close well and there were no curtains. Needless to say, there was too much light in the room at night. I understand that is the "Old" City Inn but "old" and worn-out are different. The commode was noisy, the hook on the back of the bathroom door was falling apart and the general ambience of the room was...well, not old and charming as I had anticipated. The price was outrageous. Our room needed a fresh coat of paint and some attention to detail. Thanks, but I will not be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
juan s, General Manager at Old City House Inn and Restaurant, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our
bead and breakfast. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could
have been. Just let you know yours stay was before the new owners.Hoop after you coming back to the restaurant we can show you our improvement on the rooms and you going stay again

general manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Palm City, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Lovely setting in the heart of old St. Augustine. It is easy to find and free parking in the old city is a blessing. The staff is very attentive and goes out of their way to provide unlisted services. The room was as advertised with very good stocking and amenities. Breakfast service was charming. Excellent overall value and we would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Darnestown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here early December after attending a wedding in Orlando.
We were absolutely thrilled...cannot say a bad word about anything!
We LOVED the staff, (Christina, Martin) had so much fun with them including the lovely owner!
The food was outstanding...I can't say enough about it...
Besides the complimentary breakfast and happy hour, we found ourselves wanting to dine there for dinner! Superb!
The rooms were clean, comfortable and beautiful!
The location is terrific!
I can't imagine anyone saying anything negative...if so...there's something wrong with them...
certainly not the "Old City House Inn"!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Old City House Inn and Restaurant? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Old City House Inn and Restaurant

Address: 115 Cordova Street, Saint Augustine, FL 32084
Location: United States > Florida > Saint Augustine
Ranked #15 of 31 B&Bs / Inns in Saint Augustine
Hotel Class:3 star — Old City House Inn and Restaurant 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Old City House Inn and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Old City House Inn And Restaurant Hotel Saint Augustine

If you own or manage Old City House Inn and Restaurant, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.