The Saragossa Inn was exactly what we wanted and would expect from a B&B:
* centrally located to local attractions
* quiet and peaceful at night
* uniquely and tastefully furnished (some B&Bs go too bland and corporate - this room was unique and very nicely done)
* of course, nice breakfasts
Of the two of us, one had lived in Jacksonville many years ago and one had been through St Augustine as a kid. The area has grown but not in a bad way. This B&B truly is an easy walk to the fort and the waterfront - the town is compact.
The breakfasts were very nice - multiple courses, different every day - unique and elegant without being heavy or having 'try too hard' ingredients. The menu appeals to any taste.
The hosts were very helpful and eager to make recommendations, inquiries and reservations (we took a helicopter ride, which was fantastic). Restaurant recommendations were perfect - the Colombia on the pedestrian mall was moderately priced with terrific tapas.
All of this contributed to a wonderfully calm, easy and restorative weekend getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- began life as a 1924 Sears Craftsman Bungalow that has expanded over the passage of time and now houses two guest suites and four guest rooms, all with private entrances and private baths. The layout of the Saragossa will allow you all the privacy you want, yet is small enough for you to receive all the attention you need. The Saragossa is rustic and romantic, quaint and comfortable, relaxing and revitalizing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Saragossa Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Saragossa Hotel Saint Augustine