“Our Second Stay...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 31 Saint Augustine B&B and Inns
Keystone Heights, Florida
“Our Second Stay...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This was our second stay at the Alexander Homestead and it was every bit as lovely as our first stay. My husband and I spent the weekend here for our anniversary and found it to be quiet and peaceful and such a nice time away from home.
The location of the Alexander Homestead provides the best of both worlds with the quiet street and beautiful porches shaded by the oak trees. We spent a lot of time on the porch listening to the birds and enjoying the peace and quiet. We were also just minutes away from the excitement and buzz of the downtown atmosphere. Everything you could want to see or do is within walking distance.
We think this Bed and Breakfast is such a hidden treasure!
We will continue to join our lovely host, Bonnie, and stay at the Alexander Homestead for future occasions. She provides the perfect balance of privacy and attentiveness for all her guests...plus the breakfast is deliciously prepared and the rooms always cleaned to perfection.
Wonderful place to stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Top notch B&B!! Bonnie and Terry were very welcoming and gracious. The room, porch, and private entrance were nicely decorated and extremely comfortable. We had 2 very different gourmet breakfasts that were served in the beautiful dining room. Alexander Homestead was a wonderful respite after a long, hot day walking around St Augustine!

Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

A much needed weekend getaway was what we were in search of and we were not disappointed. Making the reservation rather late for a Labor Day weekend I was plesantly surprised in the Green Room. The jacuzzi tub was so welcomed after touring the city. The house is very cozy, is situated in a nice, quiet reighborhood and is easilty within walking distance of historic downtown. We espeicailly enjoyed the relaxing rockers on the front porch. . Breakfast was served in a lay-backed manner and was delicious both mornings. Bonnie sure knows how to cook and somehow I am going to get her biscuit recipe from her. Bonnie and Terry made us feel like family. We look forward to staying here again and would absolutely recommend it to anyone visiting St. Augustine

West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I just wanted to get away for the weekend and this was the place to do it. After walking around all day downtown we came home to a relaxing room with a swing to sit on, or a claw foot tub to take a bubble bath. We stayed in the Queen Anne room and I have no complaints. Breakfast was delicious and Terry was very sweet. Definitely a good place to stay!

• Stayed August 2012
Orange Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I was attending a wine tasting event hosted at the Alexander Homestead...From the moment my husband & I walked in to this beautiful Victorian home dating back to the late 19th Century, we felt as if we were visiting old friends for a long anticipated reunion. The beautiful parlor & dining room were a perfect setting for this intimate affair, a public event celebrating the Victorian Era & the historic celebrity, Henry Flagler who brought the Gilded Age to Florida. Those in attendance were tourists & locals alike. Many of the guests were also owners of other B&Bs in the city. We immediately felt as if we were pulled into the fold of the community. Bonnie Alexander (the inn's proprietor) was an amazing delight, friendly & effervescent in every way. Some of the inn's guests popped in to the event for a quick sip of wine, a plate of Hors d'oeuvre or a quick conversation. My husband & I only live 45miles north of St. Augustine, but the Alexander Homestead & Bonnie impressed us so much, we are planning to spend next vacation at what feels like our "home away from home": the Alexander Homestead.

Room Tip: for the B&B intimacy, stay in the main house. for a more private experience, stay in the Hideaw...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I spent two nights here during the week, on a mini-getaway by myself. I stayed in the Alexandria room, which I specifically picked because of the jacuzzi tub, and it did not disappoint! The house has a very cozy feel to it, and it's situated in a nice, quiet neighborhood very close to downtown historic St. Augustine. I felt very safe walking alone to and from downtown, even in the evening coming back from dinner. Bonnie and Terry were both very welcoming and helpful, and I felt like I was staying at a friend's house. Breakfast was wonderful, simple and delicious meals in a very relaxed and unhurried setting. As many other people have said before, the homemade granola is the best. I would love to stay here again sometime, and would absolutely recommend it to anyone visiting St. Augustine.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I just got back from staying 3 nights at Alexander Homestead and I have to say that this was a great experience. I have never stayed in a B&B, but many of my friends have told me how awkward they are to stay in due to the sound traveling in the rooms. I did not experience this at all. The room was beautiful, We stayed in the Victoriana, clean and had special touches such as Robes, personal glasses and coffee mugs, bubble bath and of course the essentials like Shampoo, an iron, blow dryer, hand towels, etc.

Upon checking in, Bonnie gave us a map and explained all of the attractions and restaurants as well. It was really helpful.

Aside from that, it was 3 streets from the main downtown and incredibly convenient. We walked everywhere. The house is lovely, and Bonnie is wonderful. We were given coffee by our rooms every morning an hour before breakfast. Breakfast was awesome. Every day I left breakfast feeling satisfied. We had fruit, homemade granola, eggs, hashbrowns, etc. Bonnie definitely goes out of her way to make you feel special as well and listens to an dietary needs/ restrictions you may have. The assistant Terry, was so sweet and lovely. Basically, I fell in love with this place and my boyfriend who tends to be a little pickier had zero complaints.

Thanks for everything!

I would 100% stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Alexander Homestead? Share your experiences!