“Wonderful Weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Cedar House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint Augustine
The Cedar House Inn
You added The Cedar House Inn to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   79 Cedar Street, Saint Augustine, FL 32084   |
Orlando Florida
“Wonderful Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2006

We just came back from our weekend at the Cedar House Inn, and I must say it was wonderful. We have stayed there before under different owners, however the new owners have completely redone the inn and it is incredible.

We had a beautiful room, with all the comforts of home. There was a huge jacuzzi tub with robes, a hair dryer, a radio/cd player and a tv with a dvd player. Also bottled water with glasses in the room , a nice touch. In the parlor there is a selection of dvds for your viewing pleasure. There was a wine/cheese social on Saturday evening which was nice and Mia always had a little something to snack on in the dining room. The breakfasts are some of the best I have ever eaten at an inn. The portions are huge and Mia takes pride in her food and the way that it is served to you. This is by far one of the best inns in St Augustine.

I look forward to staying at the inn again.

• Stayed June 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Venice, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2006

VERY NICE, Super friendly owners!! They are Flagler College friendly and within 2 blocks of the school!! Loved the room and outstanding breakfast!!

Stayed July 2001
Bartow, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2006

We stayed at this B&B March 26-28, 2006 and unlike prior stays at B&B's, we brought our 16 yo son as we knew he'd enjoy the sights and his first B&B experience. None of us were disappointed with our first stay at the Cedar House Inn. Mia (the owner/hostess) was able to accommodate him in our room - which was 'cozy' but still managable and we were all very comfortable. Our son and I (the wife/mom) are not small people, but we were easily & subtly accommodated throughout the inn and never made to feel less than wanted and pampered. What we paid for our stay was probably comparable to a 'lowest end' room at the Casa Monica. We've stayed at one of the sister properties (Kessler Collection's Celebration Hotel) and I can say that The Cedar House Inn was the better 'bargain.' I don't know why anyone would stay at a hotel - even a nice one - when one could stay in an intimate and better value B&B.

Our breakfasts & 'snacks' (ample, delicious, varied, and included in the price) and 'concierge' level treatment were exceptional. Our accommodations were spotless, extremely comfortable, tasteful, and we were instantly made to feel 'at home.' The parlor contained a relatively new grand piano which was availble to play as well as the use of a 'hidden' large screen tv/dvd/and sound system. All rooms had upgraded tv's/dvd players & CD/radios and there was a nice assortment of DVD's & CD's available to use during our stay as well as available board games & an ongoing jigsaw puzzle. Our beds (we had a plush king and son had a nice inflatable, off the ground twin) were very comfortable - as comfy as home or better! - and there was a full bath with large (2 person) jacuzzi tub with 'rain-type' shower in the private bathroom. The inn is conveniently located being 1/2 block from the Lightner Museum and only a few blocks from the St. George Street historic area. (I do not handle long walks well nor does my husband who is recovering from a heart attack and heart failure - but we both were easily able to make this trek.)

By the obvious (yet inobtrusive) ongoing renovations and in talking to the new owner, Mia, and the other guests (who were repeat guests of this inn and had stayed under previous owners) we know that dramatic improvements have been and a few are still being made. Already a wonderful B&B - it's going to be even better when all is done. A perfect stay, I must say!

• Stayed March 2006
orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2005

My husband and I were married at this enchanting inn just a few days ago and even though it was just him and I,we were treated extremely well and every need was taken care of for us.The room was beautiful and tasteful and each morning in the dining area there was a delicious breakfast, in the afternoon Champagne/wine, even warm cookies and fudge!We are a young hispanic couple and were pleased to find that we were made very welcome. The city is gorgeous and the inn is within walking distance of everything. We will be back!

• Stayed November 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2005

It was my first time staying at a Bed and Breakfast as I normally stay on business at hotels, but my husband persuaded me it would be a more romantic experience for our anniversary. I was so happy that he had persuaded me! The new owners were so welcoming and made us feel like family. There was wonderful freshly made fruit tea and cookies straight from the oven to greet us, and a romantic room with doors opening onto the balcony. The breakfasts were 5 star and delicious and we were so full we didn't need any lunch! The location was perfect, just a short stroll to St. Georges and nice a quiet. We would definately come back again

• Stayed October 2005

Been to The Cedar House Inn? Share your experiences!