“Home Away from Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Cedar House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint Augustine
The Cedar House Inn
You added The Cedar House Inn to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   79 Cedar Street, Saint Augustine, FL 32084   |
Tampa, Florida
“Home Away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Just returned home after a three night stay to celebrate my parents 40th Wedding Anniversary with a vow renewal ceremony at the Inn. My parents stay with Cyndi every September for their anniversary and this year was no different. Except this time they brought along their closest family and friends for the weekend. We were all welcomed with open arms and spoiled from the moment we stepped in the door. This was my second time staying at Cedar House and again it surrpassed all of my expectations (which are often unattainable). Cyndi is attentive to her guests and never misses a single detail in assuring your visit is perfect. From the extra little touches in the guest rooms to remembering a favorite breakfast from a visit over a year ago to serve while you are there...makes you feel important because to Cyndi you are, as are all of her guests. She made my parents very special milestone so special and non of us will ever forget this weekend. Over the years, I have stayed at many popular B&B's in St. Augustine but I can assure you that Cedar House Inn will be the only place I stay on my yearly visit to this beautiful city. The easiest way to sum it all up...Cedar House Inn is like a home away from home!

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautifully appointed, so you really can't go wrong. Rooms available for every...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Palm Bay, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Its funny, my husband and I have stayed at the Cedar House six times and we love it every time. I came to read some of the reviews and as all are very good I had to read what the one negative review had to say. They believe that Cyndi herself has writen all of these glowing reviews. So I had to proclaim, WE LOVE IT AT THE CEDAR HOUSE. I would never stay at a Hilton in St Augustine much less anywhere else. What a waist of an amazing city that would be..... All I can say is bring on the "vagrants!!" They won't scare us off. Oh, and one more thing, there should be an, "out of this world" rating, because excellent just doesnt cover it.

Mike and Melissa

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Husband took me here for my 50th birthday. Accommodations were spectacular! Cindy the proprietress was extremely attentive. She makes you feel like you are the only person staying there. Literally cannot say one negative thing about our stay. B&B was spotlessly clean, warm, inviting, great location, breakfast was thoughtfully prepared and deliciously decadent. Recommend highly!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I returned for another long weekend at the Cedar House Inn.
We were married at the Inn 7 years ago, we celebrated birthdays here, our 5 year anniversary and this past weekend my 40th birthday. The experience just keeps getting better and better :o)
There is a reason that this B&B has been voted the #1 B&B for 5 years straight... It is like coming home to an old comfortable friend. It truly is a home away from home that will bring you back time and time again.

• Stayed September 2012
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I visited Cedar house for a couple of nights this week with my family and I must say, just how wonderful this place is. From the first minute you arrive and view this fabulous home to the warmest welcome from Cyndi. The rooms are quaint and stylish. The breakfast are just "something else", as my mum put it.. Delicious is what she means.. Oh but I have to mention the brownie's...mmmm. The little touches like water and drinks being available at any time, all add to the the thought and consideration that Cyndi has put into making you feel as much at home as possible... And let me tell you Cindi, you did... Thanks so much for making our stay in St. Augustine perfect.. We will sure be back.

Room Tip: I managed to view two of the rooms, The Biscayne and The Sanibel, both had jacuzzi tubs, flat screen...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Its the second time we stay here and both times we have enjoyed it very much with a cousy yet elegant feeling full of small details and a very gourmet breakfast. Cindy makes her home feel like our own. Thanks and we shall be back soon. Higly recommend it

• Stayed September 2012
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

When a friend and I decided to arrange our own small writing retreat, we turned to Google and then to TripAdvisor. Based on the reviews, we booked the Sanibel - not the largest room but one with a private entrance (and an amazing bath tub). The entrance to the Sanibel is located on the back side of the house; it's definitely one of the more private rooms.

We arrived on a Friday afternoon. Cyndi greeted us at the door, sat us down with a map and a couple of bottles of water, and, after some friendly conversation, gave us a quick rundown of what the city - and the Cedar House - has to offer. Both the city and the Cedar House have a LOT to offer; Cyndi tailored her review of the map to what we were planning (a weekend spent writing), and then helped us carry our bags to our room.

The thing that sets a great b&b apart from a good or average one is attention to detail. Cyndi gets all the details. Phenomenal bed linens, gourmet breakfasts (always beginning with fresh fruit), decanted wines, chilled water and soda easily available... Cyndi arranges things so that you don't have to think about them.

From a writing perspective, the Cedar House is great - there's even wifi. It's got the best wrap-around porch out there. Equipped with rocking chairs, tables, and ceiling fans, the porch is a great spot to spend the heat of the day or to wind down in the evening. Because the Cedar House is located so close to Flagler College, you see a lot of people coming and going - most of whom have a wave and a hello for the people sitting on the porch.

The Cedar House is within walking distance of most of historic St. Augustine.

I know a lot of people go to the Cedar House for anniversaries or weddings - it's a potentially romantic place in an historic city. But it's also a fantastic location for other kinds of getaways. My friend and I spent the majority of our time on Cyndi's front porch, writing and working through ideas. It was the perfect location.

And I look forward to returning.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Cedar House Inn? Share your experiences!