“cold on the outside, warm and cozy inside” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Cedar House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint Augustine
The Cedar House Inn
You added The Cedar House Inn to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   79 Cedar Street, Saint Augustine, FL 32084   |
Tampa, Florida
“cold on the outside, warm and cozy inside”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

We stayed at the Cedar House B&B for my daugther's wedding 1/11/11. It is a lovely old Victorian house beautifully converted to a B&B. We took the whole place for the wedding.It was decorated for a Victorian Christmas with lovely ornaments and spray of pine every where. Our hostess, the owner ,was very hands on and treated us all like family. Every room has special touches and is different and unique. William and Kate could not have been treated better. There are sumputous beds and jacuzzi baths in every room. My daughter, the bride , was treated like a princess. The atmosphere is wonderful with a cozy sitting room and board games with wine always available for the guests. The breakfasts were unbelievable,( i unfortunately gained weight) with Cedar Inn french toast and fresh fruit ,delicious coffee and a quiet atmosphere. It was lovely to walk about St Augustine taking pictures of the ancient buildings and so nice to come back to a delicious cup of gourmet cocoa or coffee after our sightseeing. The staff was especially talented. When we had difficulty getting the bride in to her very complicated antebellum dress a helper was there to solve all our problems. She figured out the yards of lace and chiffon and placed the veil just right. It was very comfortable inside and out even though the weather was a bit chilly. We all felt the warmth of the Cedar House and the staff. The minister who was recommended by our hostess was very charming and performed a ceremony which moved all in attendance. The food arranged by our hostess was excellent and never ending! Everyone was very pleased and it was a wonderful start for the young couple. The only thing i would say is it is not for very large affairs, ours was a small wedding with just close friends and family. If you need alot of room for your dress and attendants this may not be the right venue. But for us it was beautiful! My husband and I will be back to renew our vows soon. Everyone at the wedding I spoke with said they would be coming back for a visit . Our friends Craig and Greg told me they would be back to renew their vows in style at the Cedar House since their marriage in NYC. Thanks for the wonderful time Cedar House don't change a thing!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Saint Pete Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

From the moment we spoke with Cyndi (owner), we just knew this was going to be the perfect place for which to elope on August 5th, 2011. Cyndi took care of all details relating to our wedding which made everything go smoothly. We were married in the sun parlor in front of a lovely stained glass window. Cake, champaine, photography, dinner and a carriage ride were all coordinated for us. She really knew what we needed on our special day. She treated us as though we were her family. She really pampers you regardless of your reason for staying at CH.
I highly reccomend those wishing to have a small intimate wedding to do so here - you can not go wrong! It is very romantic! The Cedar House Inn is a magical place! The service is exceptional! The rooms are sparkly clean refined and elegantly decorated. The house is beautiful! Breakfast was simply amazing! Cyndi is phenominally amazing! Gina was great too! I can not express enough what a wonderful establishment this is! We are going to be back! Wonderful place! We love Cedar House, Cyndi and Saint Augustine! 5 stars!

Love
Mr. and Mrs. Mike Melecci

Room Tip: Very clean and beautiful!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Winter Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Cedar House Inn for my birthday, having stayed there twice before during the Christmas season ( a must-do). The Inn is comparable to any fine B & B, such as the Hamilton Turner Inn in Savannah. What makes Cedar House Inn outstanding and incomparable is the owner and hostess, Cyndi. First all, I must say that she is one of the few people I know who can carry off being elegant and friendly at the same time! I admire her so much! She truly spoils all who stay with her. Also, I must add that her breakfasts are worthy of being featured in a food magazine. The best I have ever seen or tasted any where.
Cyndi and my husband pulled off surprising me on my birthday with champagne chilling and Claude's chocolates presented with a party hat, plates, napkins, and blower. It is very hard to surprise me and they did. Plus, Cyndi added some surprise gifts that she gave me. I was and remain truly touched by this:)
Pat and I adore Cyndi and also Gina who keeps the Inn spotless and spoils me rotten at breakfast.
This Inn is THE place in St. Augustine to stay if you are seeking an elegantly luxurious and romantic stay. It will blow the socks off of anyone that you want to surprise as well :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Brandon, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

My husband and I got married on Aug 4th 2011 at the Inn! It was the most amazing time of our lives and we have Cedar House and Cyndi to thank for making our dream day come true. From the first time we spoke on the phone, setting up our reservation, to the day we left, we felt like we had come home. Our wedding would not have been what it was if we didn't have Cyndi! Cyndi, the owner, is one of the most incredible human beings you will ever have the pleasure of meeting. Her hospitality and care was seen in everything she did for all the guests at the Inn. She always made us feel warm and welcome at all times of the day. Not to mention she makes one mean breakfast! So please if you're planning a trip to St. Augustine, FL make sure you do it right and stay at Cedar House Inn! We loved it so much we booked it for our 1 year wedding Anniversary before we left and we will definitely book for many, many years to come!

Room Tip: All the rooms are spectacular in their own way and there are price points to meet all budgets
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Hinesville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

My husband and I renewed our vows at the Cedar House Inn. I can write a book on the superb service, the great breakfast, and the best innkeeper anyone could ever meet. Too sum it all up: Staying with Cyndi at her beautiful home was the best experience Ive ever had. For those looking to stay somewhere very romantic, elegant, and affordable- not to mention an innkeeper whose hospitality is extraordinary- please, please stay at The Cedar House Inn. If you overlook it or dont consider it, you will be cheating yourself!

Room Tip: Take whichever room is available and in your budet because every single room is immaculate and gorge...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Wow! Let me just preface this by saying that my husband and I got married at the inn in January of 2011. Life has since got in the way and I was never able to give a proper review, so I am kind of giving two reviews at once.

Cyndi is, in short, phenomenal. From the second she answers her phone for inquiries until checking out on your last day, she is absolutely great. We found out about the inn when researching possible elopement venues in the area. When she took my call (personally) and answered my questions I just KNEW that I was going to be having my wedding here. She took every single one of my phone calls. She assured me that everything was going to be perfect. She connected me with a photographer. She handled getting an officiant. She made dinner reservations. She made arrangements for a romantic horse and carriage ride. The works! She totally came through for us, she didn't disappoint.

Everyone expects a glitch or two on their wedding day, but the day was breathtaking and without flaw. If you are thinking of getting married here they have something for every budget and every taste. It can be as low key or as glamourous as you want. She will not let you down.

The inn itself is like no other. Immaculate. Decorative. Perfectly placed. We have had the pleasure of staying for two visits. We stayed in the Vizcaya for our wedding and the St. Augustine Grand Suite for a romantic weekend. Both rooms blew our mind.

Her breakfast is TO DIE FOR! Delicious.

Our recent visit to the inn was extremely last minute. I called Cyndi up and inquired about room availability and she had something open. She was THRILLED when I told her who we were. It was just like coming back home. Everything was as perfect as the last trip. This is truly the ONLY place we will stay when traveling to the area. Cyndi is the best! We love The Cedar House Inn!

-Kristen and Ricky

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Winter Park, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Mark and I were married at the Cedar House Inn on May 14. We rented the inn for 2 nights for family and friends to attend our wedding. The venue was wonderful. Cyndi was an outstanding host to all of our guests; the breakfasts were incredibly good, and the quality of the rooms and service was consistently superb. And, then there was the wedding and dinner following the ceremony. The Victorian ambience was perfect for a wedding. There were garlands and vases of flowers everywhere that were beautiful against the oak woodwork. The ceremony, itself, was held against a wonderful stained glass window. Cyndi acted as our wedding coordinator and not a detail was overlooked by her. She handled the catered dinner, which was delicious and addressed the needs of a varied number of diets. Just before the ceremony was to begin, we had a rain shower and Cyndi moved the ceremony inside without a hitch in any of the festivities.

I highly recommend the Cedar House Inn for a memorable wedding.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Cedar House Inn? Share your experiences!