“Already recommended to friends!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   11 Cadiz Street, Saint Augustine, FL 32084   |
Special Rate
$99 (USD)
Ranked #10 of 35 Saint Augustine B&B and Inns
“Already recommended to friends!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were looking for a long weekend getaway, and Victorian House was perfect. The location was ideal, and the service was fabulous. The bed was comfortable, and we loved that the Serenity room was a little separated from the other rooms. The breakfast was great: not good, but five-star good. And not only was enough to keep us full until 2:00 each day, but they kindly accommodated my husband's vegan diet.

We really enjoyed staying at Victorian House, and will be back.

• Stayed May 2013

234 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We enjoyed our time at the Victorian House. This is the best combination of price, location and traditional charm that you will find in St Augustine. Our host was very familiar with the city and had great recommendations for how to spend an evening. The Victorian House is very clean, comfortable and well cared for. The atmosphere of this B&B allow for a great atmosphere to relax you before venturing out into the city. A helpful suggestion (which applies anywhere you go in St Augustine) is to bring the smallest car you have. The owners go out of their way to meet your every need. Everything from a glass of wine while you meet new friends at dinner to a very nice breakfast made this a great weekend. We plan to stay at Victorian House again someday. Thanks for a great weekend.

Room Tip: Go to the Victorian House web page and select a room based on the pictures and descriptions you see...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great B & B. The hosts are very accommodating with all special requests and even encourage you to come up with some! Breakfasts are delicious, made from scratch and beautifully presented, whether at the table or in your room. Our bed was extremely comfortable and never a shortage on hot water.Definitely will go back, but to a larger room. Sea Mist is charming and beautifully decorated, but better for a solo person. ( or two very skinny people..lol)

Room Tip: Sea Mist is very tiny, but very well appointed. In contrast the bathroom is a very generous size. Th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Anthony & Marilyn were great hosts, with that personal touch that makes you feel right at home. This is an EXCELLENT location. They were flexible on breakfast times which was appreciated. I was in the Seamist room which was a bit cramped, but adequate and I appreciated the better price. The neighborhood was great for wandering. Parking was fine, very tight - don't bring the Cadillac! They had wine available at happy hour each day and Amaretto for a night cap. There was self service tea, I would have liked a coffee option. They had homemade chocolate chip cookies available most times, and a little fridge for guest things. I would go back there if I got a good price, they seemed to be about $30-40 less per night than the competition, which there is a lot of. My St. A friend like the St. Frances, so I might try that next time - or not...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We pulled up to The Victorian House and parked our car. We never needed to get back in it for the 3 days that we stayed in St. Augustine. The Victorian House is conveniently located right in the historic district and oh so close to museums, art galleries, restaurants, shopping, and ghost tours. I recommend riding the tram or The Red Train for an informative way to see all of the area and learn the history of the homes and businesses. Getting the full tour is good, otherwise you are just looking at old buildings that have no meaning for you. Learning its history helps you to feel closer to the city and somehow a part of it. Once you've paid for the ride, you can jump on and off it all day long, going from one place to another. Fun stuff!

Room Tip: The Daisy Room is conveniently located in the main house. That's where we stayed and I'm gla...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We chose to have an off-site business meeting of nine women at the Victorian House B&B and it was wonderful. Anthony and Marilyn were more than accommodating. Besides providing a beautiful and comfortable venue, they made every effort to exceed our expectations in every way! And in addition to meeting our business goals, we strengthened relationships and made some great memories. The weather was not so obliging but we left knowing we want to come back! I would highly recommend the Victorian House for your next small group meeting!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Sebring, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had a meeting at the Ximenez Fatio House in St. Augustine and needed a place to stay in the Historic District. I called the Ximenez House and they recommended 5 places. The 1st place I called was full. The 2nd place, the Victorian House only had a room for Friday night but I wanted to stay Friday and Saturday. I called a third place and the man was so rude that he told me I could find a place easier on line than to waste my time and his calling. I was annoyed and decided to give up. But, when I got home from work I decided to call the Victorian house again because the pictures of the rooms were so inviting. I asked if the had the Jungle or Safari room but the owner told me it was now booked but the still had " Laura's Suite for Friday night available. He remembered speaking with me earlier that day, so I booked the suite because he was very patient and pleasant. He even gave me a small discount because I was going to be visiting the Historical House across the street. He send me a confirmation immediately by email with directions and the discount. I was now ready for my trip. It took 4 hours to drive to St. Augustine from my house but the owner met me at the door when I arrived. He even gave me phone directions the last 6 miles because their was an accident by the train track and I had to take a detour that surely would have got me lost. There was parking right at the front door and the owner unloaded my car. We went straight to the beautiful Victorian setting room and then toa table to do the paperwork for registration. I could not stop looking around I felt like I had stepped back in time and just needed the proper clothing to really fit in. When we finished the paperwork I was given a key to the front door which you had to use each time you entered the main house. The owner then took me outside to Laura's Suite which was up 20 stairs over looking the oldest plaited street in America, called Aviles Street. The suite was like something in Country Magazine or Home and Gardens. It was a heavenly powdered blue with a bathroom another room painted barn door red and a cute small kitchen. I was in heaven, at night, the only sound you could hear was the last horse and buggy going home around 9:00 on the cobblestone street. Yes, there is a TV in the room and no telephone but the sound of silence was so relaxing that you may just want to look out the windows and read, which I did for a long while. The next morning I meet other guest for breakfast in the dining room and it was set so pretty that I had to pull out the camera. The food was fantastic. I have never had a quiche type dish that stayed hot to the very last bite. The owner had asked me the night before what I wanted to drink with breakfast and he had it ready to my delight. I am still talking about the special cornbread he made along with the 3 other tantalizing dishes that were served for breakfast. The other guess came in one at a time and as they arrived each were treated like a Prince or Princess. Many of the guest were there a week and others for 3 or 4 days. I was the only guest that stayed for one night but will return with my may of St. Augustine which the owner of the Victorian House marked and went over with me when I arrived so I could more easily navigate the Historic District. Did I mention the lovely wife that is also a very gracious hostess at the Victorian House. This is a definite don't miss. It was like staying with your favorite sister, brother or relative for a night. You feel ownership. pride, wonder and joy. Do not miss the chance to stay at the Victorian House. I give it 2 thumbs up! Oh I forgot to mention the bed was so comfortable that I had the best sleep I have received in over a year and did not want to get out of bed for my 8:00 breakfast or my 9:30 meeting. I believe I am spoiled now and may never want to stay anywhere else in St. Augustine.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Victorian House? Share your experiences!