My recent stay was the 4th time I have been a guest at the Casablanca Inn. It is the 1st time in 7 years. I guess a lot can happen in 7 years. It is obvious the Inn is under new management. That is not necessarily a good thing. Now don't get me wrong... I am still rating the property as very good. However, 7 years ago and many before that, this inn was at the height of its opulence. The service and stature of the inn was like something out of the movies. Today, the inn is run very much like a regular old hotel. Not much character or uniqueness. The fixtures need a good dusting, bathroom tiles are stained and cracked, grout needs to be fixed, etc...Small cosmetic upgrades.The breakfast used to be award-winning where as now it is buffet style (use your imagination). I will say that based on some of these flaws the rates are a tad bit too high. The rates would have served the property 7 years ago but now it seems a bit high when there is obvious disrepair in some areas.If you can look beyond some of those minor flaws, the inn still has a lot of character and curbside appeal though. The staff was friendly but not overly friendly. The porch area was very warm and inviting and the lights make it almost magical. $15.00 Martini Bar credit is a nice touch. The sleep number beds are a big draw as well. Despite everything, I would stay there in the future ( I hate breaking tradition) but not sure I would eagerly recommend it to friends or family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Twenty-two luxury suites and rooms in a panoramic bayfront location in historic St. Augustine. Enjoy Matanzas Bay views, whirlpool baths, private porches and sundecks, decorative fireplaces, private entries,and peaceful luxury. Our Tini Martini Bar features a full palette of fine wines and liquors, as well as fabulous martinis, beers and views onto the stunning bay front. Guests can enjoy these views as well as a $15 credit at the Tini Martini Bar plus a $25 credit towards breakfast or lunch in our restaurant Brunch! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Casablanca Inn on the Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casablanca Inn On The Bay b&b
- Casablanca Inn On The Bay Hotel Saint Augustine