We had a ground level room with a king-size bed toward the back. Booked the room for Christmas Eve stay with a corporate rate for about $100. I was surprised that parking is extra, this wasn't mentioned in the reservation, but they said it was on their own website. The location is very convenient at which to park and walk to the sights. The room was small but adequate for our needs, clean and quiet with working appliances. This is not the only hotel we've stayed at with a small bathroom, but I'm 6'4" and the shower worked well for both of us. Several great restaurant and bar choices nearby so I'm not even aware if the hotel had breakfast or not. There is also an outdoor lounging area upstairs from the lobby where people socialize overlooking the bay. Possibly the only drawback is that, while the staff were responsive to issues, I felt like I spent a lot of time in the lobby and still came up shorthanded on information about the area attractions such as the Trolley that is supposed to stop there but doesn't. I suppose it could have felt cramped if we were moving in for a week or if we were expecting Bed & Breakfast type service but otherwise a great place to stay and the corporate rate was great value for the holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As you sit on the sundeck of Best Western bayfront overlooking beautiful Matanzas Bay, you'll experience true St. Augustine-style relaxation. Located in the heart of the historic district, our St. Augustine, Florida Best Western Bay-front has a long family tradition of service and quality. Our many wonderful amenities include a swimming pool and delicious dining at our on-site café. For business travel, we feature Internet access, data ports and comfortable workspace in every room. We're also conveniently located adjacent to restaurants and just steps from some of the city's most interesting and exciting sights. For a romantic getaway, try our Honeymoon Room. Or bring the whole family and enjoy in-room conveniences such as cable TV, king - or queen-sized beds, and a refrigerator that’s ideal for storing drinks and snacks. For exploring the city, enjoying the beach or simply unwinding, Best Western bay Front is your destination in St. Augustine. Our bay front hotel overlooks the Matanzas Bay and puts you within walking distance of the historic district, including the Spanish Quarter, the Castillo de San Marcos, St. George Street, and countless shops and restaurants well-suited to any taste. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Bayfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monterey Hotel Saint Augustine
- Monterey Motel Saint Augustine
- Monterey Bed Breakfast