This is an older motel that has the advantage of being here first, right in the waterfront, a short walk to everything you go to St Augustine for. The fort entrance is just across the street, it is close to dozens of great restaurants and historical sites, homes, Flagler College, Lightner museum - you name it it's. nearby.
The rooms at the motel are a little small, but each room has a balcony/walkway with a bench to sit on and watch the activity outside. The owners did a nice job refurbishing the rooms, and they feel clean and comfortable.
Here is an often overlooked secret - above the lobby entrance is a balcony with several chairs and tables. Get yourself a bottle of wine, a sandwich or snacks and sit out there in the evening while the sun fades into twilight. The bay is just across the street with sailboats, tour boats and a tall ship. The horse-drawn carriages clip clop by waving hellos. People on the sidewalks below meander by clad in a rainbow of vacation wear. You'll have a great evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As you sit on the sundeck of Best Western bayfront overlooking beautiful Matanzas Bay, you'll experience true St. Augustine-style relaxation. Located in the heart of the historic district, our St. Augustine, Florida Best Western Bay-front has a long family tradition of service and quality. Our many wonderful amenities include a swimming pool and delicious dining at our on-site café. For business travel, we feature Internet access, data ports and comfortable workspace in every room. We're also conveniently located adjacent to restaurants and just steps from some of the city's most interesting and exciting sights. For a romantic getaway, try our Honeymoon Room. Or bring the whole family and enjoy in-room conveniences such as cable TV, king - or queen-sized beds, and a refrigerator that’s ideal for storing drinks and snacks. For exploring the city, enjoying the beach or simply unwinding, Best Western bay Front is your destination in St. Augustine. Our bay front hotel overlooks the Matanzas Bay and puts you within walking distance of the historic district, including the Spanish Quarter, the Castillo de San Marcos, St. George Street, and countless shops and restaurants well-suited to any taste. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Bayfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monterey Hotel Saint Augustine
- Monterey Motel Saint Augustine
- Monterey Bed Breakfast