“The Best Bed & Breakfast in St. Augustine!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Carriage Way Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Carriage Way Bed and Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   70 Cuna Street, Saint Augustine, FL 32084   |
Winter Haven
“The Best Bed & Breakfast in St. Augustine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

My sister and I had the most wonderful time! John, Larry, Bill and Staff are very friendly and go out of their way to help you. Jeannie is a wonderful cook. The breakfast is 5 star gourmet every morning. She is busy baking cookies all afternoon and makes sure fresh fruit is available as well. Wine, beer and soft drinks are available all day long! The rooms are beautiful. There is a cruet of sherry and bottled water in each room. Houskeeping does a great job. The rooms are spotless. The location is perfect. It's great to be in the heart of the historic downtown. My sister and I shopped a good bit of the time! My husband and I stayed here just 3 weeks ago and we decided we would come back again soon. Now my sister feels the same way. We didn't want to leave!

• Stayed July 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Oviedo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

My husband and I truly enjoyed our honeymoon and 1st wedding anniversary at Carriage Way in 2007 and we are about to leave for our second anniversary tomorrow. We had such a good time that my Daughter and Son In Law celebrated their Wedding Anniversary and my son and his girl stayed also. During their visit he planned his proposal to her on a evening carriage ride. Everyone knew except her. It was great! I recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone looking for a home away from home.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Winter Haven, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2009

What a wonderful find in the middle of the historic district of Saint Augustine. Bill, Larry, John, and the rest of the wonderful staff were very friendly and the room was very clean. The food was fantastic with soft drinks, wine, and beer avaliable all day and cookies in the afternoon. A great place that we will be staying at again. They have a great summertime special with a third night free. What a bargain! We heartily recommend this inn to anyone.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

My sister and I recently spent a few days here during our first stay in St. Augustine. We booked this B&B due to its excellent location and good reviews on TA. It is exactly what we were looking for when we decided to visit America's first city. Our room was lovely and the hosts couldn't have been more helpful. They were friendly and gracious without being too involved in what we were doing. Larry was always ready to help us make a reservation - or schedule a carriage ride. The carriage even collected us from the inn! The location of the inn was also really convenient to everything - it is really centrally located. Although there was a great deal to see and do in St. Augustine, the porches provide a nice break from it all and are an excellent place to plan your next venture or relax with a cold drink.
The amenities were also great- the food was fabulous and the family was relaxed about the hours they served breakfast. Beverages were always available and fresh homemade cookies provided a delicious afternoon event.
Some B&Bs have more ratings - but none could have provided better service.

• Stayed February 2009
London/Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

We stayed in the cottage not the main hotel
Excellent service, breakfast was great, so much to eat
Staff/owners were super friendly and helpful
Will recomended top class

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2009

I had the pleasure to stay at the Carriage Way with my mother on a girl get away. What a wonderful stay we had and we can't wait to go back! The B&B was perfect - the room was just as described on the web site, the food was out of this world, and the service was immpecable- even down to the small touches! I would not hesitate to recommend this B&B to others. One aspect that I did not realize until I was there, is the location. The B&B is so conveniently located. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2009

My husband and I spent our anniversary weekend at The Carriage Way and could not have asked for a better place! It was warm and cozy and has a great location! Only a 5 minute walk from shopping and restaurants. Breakfast was excellent and we even bought their cookbook so we can try to recreate their specialties. Will definitely be returning in the future!!

Stayed January 2009

Been to Carriage Way Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!