“Diner type place but beats Denny's everyday..” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #235 of 484 restaurants in Saint Augustine
Cuisines: American
“Diner type place but beats Denny's everyday..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

This place is a diner. The food is good and the service is always good. Their pies are the best and made on site. You can buy whole pies and take them to a family gathering or other event. The pies are so popular that they sell out during Thanksgiving and the Christmas season so plan accordingly. You can also place an order in advance if I'm not mistaken.
Again this is not 5 star dining. It is good diner food and beats Denny's every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

64% Recommend
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Yuck!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

A horrible Denny's look alike. Salad was brown lettuce. Pie was fresh from the freezer. Fish and chips greasy. Our server's shirt look like in was last washed a month ago. Go anywhere else.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Saint Augustine, Florida
“How long???”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

My partner and I dedcide to go out for coffee and pie, dont think we could get a worse waitress she came and took our order 2 coffee's and 2 slice of pie not hard one might think huh!!!

she brought our coffee.. no creamer so I asked for the creamer, she brought the creamer no pie...
I asked about the pie the waitress then said it would be just a min.

5 mins later still no pie so I asks the waitress about the pie again and by this time the waitress couldnt remember what we had even asked for so had to take our order again!!

5mins later still no pie.. the manager was wondering around smiling and asking people if things were ok.. she made her way to our table and she asked if she could do anything for us, i said yeah get our order she took our order AGAIN!!! and she would get it real QUICK!!

5mins later the pie's came. we wait about 20mins for our pie which needed no cooking no heating how could this go so wrong???

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Central Islip, New York
“Excellent food, excellent pie, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I love Village Inn. Whenever I am in Florida I hit one. I wish we had them in NY. The service was great. The waitresses are so friendly... and the PIE.. TO DIE FOR!!!

Visited June 2012
Wesley Chapel, Florida
“Good breakfast, ate here twice!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

My family and I had breakfast at V.I. twice during our first stay in St. Augustine. The service was good and fast and the food was good also. The only issue I had was that we were sat twice under where a ceiling tile was missing and water was leaking from AC condensation. We just moved the table over about 2 feet and everything was fine. The hostess and waitress remembered us which was a nice personal touch.

• Visited June 2012