“Excellent and affordable local French Cuisine.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #83 of 483 Restaurants in Saint Augustine
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
“Excellent and affordable local French Cuisine.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is our third trip to this French restaurant. Foods were excellent as usual. The service was much improved compared to previous trips. Had the pleasure to meet the owner/chef. He is actually French :) Thank you for a memorable meal.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

The Villages, Florida
“Find Another Bistro”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We were looking forward to our dinner here, as friends had highly recommended it. The beginning was promising, as we were promptly seated, given a menu, a recitation of the specials, and water.

And that was as good as it was going to get. The restaurant had a staff of 2. One waitress to take orders, another person to mind the counter and help out when needed. As you might guess, it took awhile to place an order, and then quite another little while to receive dinner.

The bread was a small loaf served cold. I enjoyed my pate, Peter liked his soup. Then the main course made its entrance. Peter ordered coq au vin. I guess the chef wanted Peter to know he was receiving chicken, as 3 wings were prominent among the brown, thick glop that covered the dish. I ordered pasta with shrimp, and scallops. It was scallop, to be precise. The 3 shrimp were unshelled prawns, which I had to dig out. The prawn with its many wiry appendages and its head did not yield easily to fork or hands. When I opened one shell, black juice ran from the head portion. I contented myself with the pasta, which was al dente. On reflection, I should have sent the dish back to the kitchen and have it re-prepared. Shame on me.

We left without dessert, and with the definite decision to never return. C'est la vie.

Visited May 2013
“Top ten best dinning experiences of my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I went there for my birthday. We had the chef's daughter, Margot, as a waitress she was wonderful and made us laugh quite a bit. The staff overall was great and the food was perfect. I go there every time I go to saint Augustine. Best authentic restaurant I have been to outside of France. DEFINITELY WORTH THE DRIVE !!!!!!!!!!

• Visited August 2012
“Phenomenal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Great kitchen and wait staff. Superb cuisine. Fantastic owners.classic french style food and creative twist. Different food everyday. Would defiantly reccomend to any local or tourist.

• Visited May 2013
Kentucky
“Great food and ambassador”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stopped infor a late evening treat and that is exactly what we found. The Chef's daughter recommended a few items and we settled upon a ham and cheese crepe for my wife and onion soup for me. We both shared bites because the food was so tasty. Good food in a wonderful atmosphere with nice people. Very attentive service but not overwhelming. We will go back often. So should you.

• Visited May 2013