“Love this place!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 483 Restaurants in Saint Augustine
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Greenville, SC
“Love this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

I love coming to Mango Mangoes when I'm in St. Augustine. I love the beachy atmosphere, the tropical food choices, and in general just being there. It is small, and there's not much of a place to wait for a table, but the food is yummy, and there are some good choices.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Florida
“Oh! well.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

Too bad that the quality of food for "To Go" is not what you get when you dine in. Unfortunately you don't always have the time to dine in, and this make you think twice before ordering.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati
“Wish there was a Mango Mangos near my home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2009

This was a great find that I found by previous reviews. It lived up to what was previously written. The coconut shrimp was great, along with lobster bisque. I ordered Arroz con pollo. My only complaint was it didn't have quite enough chicken. It was fantastic and was only $8.95. You can ask for some extra spicy sauce. The plantains were also very good, as were the sweet potato fries. Prices range from $7-10 for burger/sandwich meals and $9-$14 for other meals. If I lived in the area it would be a restaurant I would go to often.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Unadilla, GA
“One of the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2009

This restaurant is a find on the east coast! My boyfriend and I travel up and down east Florida every winter and this is one of our top five favorites! We have never had a poor experience the staff is on top of it! We recently tried their new Caribbean Tapas menu and the meatloaf sliders are to die for!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“OK Restaraunt”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2009

Ate there last week, and I have to give it 3 stars based on my meal and experience. My wife and I both ordered fish and chips, and as far as that meal goes, it was acceptable but not a great version of this common menu item. Just an awful lot of batter and some frozen fish filets. It came with french fries and some sweet cole slaw. However, the staff was friendly and attentive. The waiter answered our tourist questions and even allowed us to leave our car in their parking lot (it is the off season and there weren't many cars in the lot - but you will get towed and a massive fine if you leave your car there during high season). The atmosphere was clean and bright an it was near the beach. I'd give the food a second chance because I liked the service. And the bathroom was clean.