“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 132 Activities in Saint Augustine
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Our family invites you to enjoy the historic seaport of Saint Augustine, Florida on board the 76 foot tall ship Schooner Freedom. Hoist a sail, look for wildlife, and enjoy the beauty of our tranquil waters. Setting sail daily for Day Sails, Sunset Sails, Twilight Sails, and Full Moon Sails. Call for departure times and schedule.We are available for private chartersWeddings - Bereavements - Groups EventsAnniversaries - Corporate Outings - School Trips
Orlando, Florida
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

this was our 2nd time on the schooner freedom. crew is super nice and are happy to speak to you. free beer, wine, water, soda. very relaxing sail and nice way to see a panoramic view of st. augustine and the mansions across the intercoastal. crew paid special attention to me since it was my birthday! when my hubby's bad fell overboard, they insisted on the "mission" of retrieving it eventhough I told them not to worry because it just had some snacks/water in it. they successfully retrieved the bag and some guests said that adventure was the highlight of the trip! we also saw dolphins about 30 ft from the boat.

Visited April 2013

Lake Panasoffkee, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Captain John and the crew were great. Spent a great two hours with them. Schooner Freedom is the best attraction in St. Augustine by far.

Visited March 2013
Orlando, Florida
22 attraction reviews
“Come sail away, come sail away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We had planed this trip for Thursday noon, but the Captain called us on Wed a and asked if we could move it up to 8:45 am because some bad weather was going to be moving in at noon. We sure are glad the Captain did this as the weather during our sail was terrific and it did turn bad just after noon. What a wonderful new perspective on the city of St Augustine from the water, and how wonderful to be gliding through the water without the noise from a motor. This was my first time on a sail boat and it was a great experience. It was interesting watching the crew set the sails to attack going into the wind. Great boat, great crew, great time.

Visited January 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Awesome Crew!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I had friends in from all over come in and they stayed in St. Augustine. They called Schonner Freedom and set up a sunset cruise for us all during the Christmas holiday season. I just want to say what an awesome crew we had. Kim went above and beyond the call of duty (risked her life..actually) to hold a parking spot for two of us during the busiest season of the year so that we could make the trip with our friends! Jimmy was a great mate and our captain was just awesome. We could not have asked for a better crew and everyone on the boat had the best time. We will definitely be back. Oh and the sunset, dolphins and Christmas lights, and a few cocktails, well what more could you ask for!

Visited December 2012
Dunwoody, Georgia, USA
3 attraction reviews
“Wonderful tour of the bayfont”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I'm not really into boat rides but I have to do this when I am in St. Augustine. I never really understood why people like sailboats - until I took a ride on this schooner. We do the sunset cruise to get away from the heat of the day and its still light enough to see the houses on the bay when we sail. It is very peaceful out on the bay when they turn the diesel engine off and extend the sails. Very relaxing. Beer and wine are served by a very friendly crew. Great time.!!!!

Visited September 2012