“Love the Balcony” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Love the Balcony”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have wanted to check out Sangria's the last 4 times I was in St. Augustine and it finally happened this trip. We found a table on the balcony, right on the corner. Great view! The sangria's are fabulous. I had two, both red, both excellent. I was not as impressed with our waitress. I told her I was vegan and asked about a couple dishes on the menu. She looked like a deer in the headlights. Call me crazy, but I feel the staff should have a pretty good idea of what is on the menu. According to her, the owners weren't sure either and the chef was on break, so we ended up ordering the chips and salsa, which was excellent. We also ordered the trio of spreads, which came out with cheese on top.... Not sure how the waitress missed the "Vegan: NO DAIRY" part of our conversation, but I ended up with cheese on my dish. After scraping as much of the cheese off the bread as possible, it ended up being absolutely fantastic. I would go again, but next time I will probably ask to speak to the chef directly rather than sending the message through the staff. Overall, I would highly recommend this bar.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Happy Hour Sangria”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I grabbed a table on the balcony to relax, get a grea view of St George Street--and watch the traffic walk by as we sipped glasses of white sangrias and listen to live music.

Visited April 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“A Great Spot for a Bite and Drink”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I were in St. Augustine this weekend and stopped by Sangrias. What a great decision!

We each ordered one of the dry, red sangrias (Reillys & Authentic) they were both great. Very refreshing with a combination of the dry wines and sweet fruit - just what you want in a sangria.

In addition, we ordered a couple of the small plates. She had the Grilled Shrimp and I had the Seared Tuna, both were very good. The relish/salsa side for each was also very good. We sampled off each others plates, I especially enjoyed the Tuna. It was seared with a blackening seasoning and was outstanding. We both enjoy seared tuna and agreed that, though it was different, the blackening made a great addition.

When you visit St. Augustine, add Sangrias to your list of "must visits". Grab a table on the balcony and enjoy some of the best people watching in town.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Great View and Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We sat on the outside balcony and enjoyed a great view of St. George Street and drank a couple pitchers of good sangria! There was live acoustic music which was good too! Service was also good!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Central FL
“Average Sangria but fun view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Lucked out and got the last seat on 2nd floor "L" shaped balcony. We were on the north side and felt that the trolley noise below (constant trolley bells) and restaurant music speaker right by us way too loud but what great people watching as on a super busy corner. Wait staff incredibly good. My husband was so happy going there that he wanted to go back the next day but since they did not open until 12 pm on weekdays it was not possible as we had to head out of town. Have a feeling that he will have us walking there soon again on our next frequent visit to St. Auggie Doggie.

• Visited March 2013