“Was ok” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Safety Harbor
Cork, Ireland
“Was ok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The highlights for me were the pool area which was good for a relaxing day and the rooms were very good with all facilities like huge TV and nice fridge, our room had a small patio, nice for a sunny day, this hotel it is in a quiet area, if you rent a car is excellent to do small trips, I did not have one so the bus came once an hour and connections are not the best.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I recently visited the spa with a gift certificate given to me by my husband. I am sorry to report that I was extremely disappointed overall. The robe I was given to wear was thin, dingy, small, and it had tears & holes. The labyrinth design of the spa caused some confusion. The walls were dingy and stained, and there were multiple water stain marks on walls and ceilings from previous water damage. My first service was a mineral bath which took place in a large, fully lit
room with multiple tubs and no privacy in luke-warm water that had obviously been filled in the tub earlier that morning. I felt no comfort or relaxation, only exposure. My next service, a massage, was pretty good and the masseuse was very nice. Lunch was included in my spa package, and I was assured by the Safety Harbor staff that I could wear my spa robe all over the campus including in the restaurant where I ate lunch. I was extremely uncomfortably while trying to strategically maintain the coverage of my robe while eating lunch alongside fully-clothed diners. My next service was a facial. The aesthetician attempted to pop nonexistent blemishes on my face, causing my normally flawless skin to breakout over the next week. My last service was a pedicure. The pedicure chair was not the stereotypical comfortable chair used during the pedicure process, and I was challenged to maintain a ladylike pose while wearing the shabby robe to cover my body while the technician talked. I can only imagine how much my husband spent on this gift for me, and I let him know to definitely not recommend this place to any of his friends and coworkers who may ask for gift ideas for their spouses.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Largo, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Was there for Easter brunch they put on a huge spread great food and lots of it located right off the water boat ramp to use and a clean comfortable property a bit pricey but very nice more for adults than familys with small children a great getaway for adults

Room Tip: Get a water view room and watch the sun rise
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I stayed in the Olympian wing I think 557. The outlets look good but will not keep a plug (falls out will not work). The faucet leaks (right sink left faucet) . The internet wireless was so slow...I could not check my email. The last day I noticed another wireless and it worked better. they should name their routers to help point to the one that works better.

The water units located on each floor was plugged in and on but did not work. Water was warm and chlorinated unfiltered. It fooled you though so only after you took a few gulps did you realize that the filtered water wasn't filtered (5th floor at least). No AC throughout the long hallways. Only at the lobby and your room. The weight room is tied into the fitness spa and although you are charged $30 a day resort fee, you must follow the fitness hours of operation which is 8 am on weekends...too late for me to work out. Pool was as warm as bath water not refreshing. People were nice and otherwise a good place with some attention to detail needed. The tradeshow paid the hotel to serve breakfast and the potatoes were undercooked, the eggs under cooked and the bacon was all fat. Someone boiled the potatoes and then sprinkled some spice on top as an after thought. How do you mess up breakfast? This was the FABI show June 15th in case a mgr wants to know who cooked that morning.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Palm Harbor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I have to say my last review last year was not to great because of the renovations going on. This year I stayed here on business for 5 days and I have to say WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! What a beautiful job they have done and are doing right now. Room was great. All staff I communicated with was very professional. The Fountain Grill was great.Thursday night was prime rib night and my wife and I both ordered the prime rib. Service from our waitress Peggy was great as well. Their bread that they serve with your meal is a asiago cheese bread that was unbelievable. Salad was superb with fresh spring mix through out. Chef Jeffrey Rodgers was the chef that evening and the prime rib was accompanied with a truffle oil infused twice bank potato and the vegetable was roasted summer squash, carrots, and asparagus. Great job everyone.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We booked 2 rooms for our anniversary night so the kids could stay in another side of the resort. We specifically booked the trip a year in advance to request the same honeymoon suite we stayed in. While we were told room requests could not be guaranteed, we were assured the request was noted. I called again at the beginning of the year to confirm the request was still showing. Upon check-in we did not get the room we requested. The room request could not be found initially and then was treated poorly when I asked what could be done. We wound up staying on a floor entirely vacant except for us so their inability to accommodate our simple request could not be blamed on lack of space.

As noted in previous reviews, this facility is old. Our patio chair was broken when we arrived, but maintenance promptly replaced it when we notified them. We noticed our bathroom sink also leaked badly.

The best customer service was experienced from the bell hop, sad.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Over and above our expectations is how I would describe our experience with the professionals at Safety Harbor Resort and Spa. We chose this venue to host our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, wedding reception, and hotel accommodations for our out of town guests.
From the beginning our sales manager / wedding coordinator Maria Savakis Touloumis was very informative, flexible in regards to our arrangements, and ensured we stayed on top of our deadlines.
The venue was beautiful, the vendors Safety Harbor recommended were equally professional, and the food was amazing. Very pleased with this group - and glad we made them a part of our big day. The resort is beautiful - all of our guests loved the amenities of the resort and downtown safety harbor which is right down the street.
I would highly recommend anyone who is looking for a wedding venue and services to look to Safety Harbor Resort and Spa.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Safety Harbor Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!