“Ever eat somewhere you wish you hadn't” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 53 Restaurants in Ruskin
Cuisines: American
“Ever eat somewhere you wish you hadn't”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

This is the second time in a year I have visited this location. Both times, I was disappointed. Needing a fast breakfast and not interested in drive-through, I thought to try this location again. Ordered a veggie omelet, hashbrowns, and a biscuit. The omelet was flat - is it possible that the eggs were pre-prepared and then reheated when a customer ordered certain 'toppings". Anyway, that's what it was like, the eggs were flat, not fluffy. Mentioned it to the server, she said it had just been prepared and would I like it reheated. I declined on reheating an omelet as I was pretty sure it had already been reheated. Plus there was absolutely NO SALT or seasoning. This was the most bland food item I have ever tasted. The omelet was served with about a ladle of diced tomatoes which made it soggy as well. The hashbrowns were ok but again not a trace of any seasoning. The salsa which I ordered to cover that omelet for flavor had an underlying odd taste, maybe slightly metallic? It also had little flavor other than tomato, which it was probably jarred or canned. Maybe that is where the metallic taste came from.
On the other hand, service was great, almost too great. Any waitstaff or hostess wandering by, which they did often, asked if I needed anything. I didn't mention anything else about my food since the one offer to fix the omelet was just to reheat it.
I won't be back and that's too bad as I usually enjoy breakfast at Bob Evans.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Great service ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Bob Evans was a wonderful experice I took my 5 year old for her birthday its her favorite place to go we were a party of 6 me and my husband we our 4 kids our server Brenda was just excalent she took care of us. She was very pleasent and fast for it being a busy Saturday she made our visit wonderful she also was very careful handling hot plates for our kids gave us refils without being ask... The food was very hot and even though it took a awhile she made sure our drinks and bread were fill I recommend this place to any family what a wonderful experience

Denver, Colorado
“Quintessential Comfort Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

At this location this chain restaurant serves a clientele of mostly senior citizens, and its food is perfect for them. Meat and potatoes, soup, salads, sandwiches, breakfast standards, all prepared nicely and served in a most friendly manner. No ethnic cuisine, no spicy stuff, just the essence of comfort food in a pleasant setting.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Really good food and service.... unlike most chains”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We had breakfast here twice last week. Both experiences were above average. The place is clean and the service was excellent. The food came out fast and hot and was a good value. The manager on duty was checking with everyone about their food and service. Overall the team seemed to be very organized. I would return.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Naples, Florida
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Big menu all prepared well. A little crowded, so expect a wait during prime time. Wait staff was excellent.

Visited January 2014