“Saved me from the hotel down the road” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ruskin Inn Hotel

Save Saved
You added Ruskin Inn Hotel to your Saves list
Ruskin Inn Hotel
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   3113 College Ave. East, Ruskin, FL 33570 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Ruskin/Sun City)   |
Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Ruskin
Los Angeles, California
“Saved me from the hotel down the road”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was the hotel we went to after one look at the Sun City Center Inn down the road. This was like the Ritz Carlton compared to that motel. Yes the ceilings need work and there does need to be some updating on a bunch of things, but it was clean and comfortable. The people at the front desk are very nice. There was the smell of smoke on the third floor but that I'm sure was due to the college kids roaming the hotel after a night at the bar. No noise to complain of however.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel on Orbitz is listed as 3 star. The hotel is a 1 on a good day. You walk in and it smells terribly from smoke. The room had mold in bathroom and showering the water did not drain. The hotel is stuck in the 80s decor and staff was unpleasant. I would never go back.

Room Tip: Don't get a room here if you are looking for a good room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Oak Harbor, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed four nights while visiting friends. The room, hallways, stairs, etc. were very clean and neat. The bed was comfortable.The staff was pleasant and helpful. The room was comfortable and clean. It had free WiFi. The breakfast selection included hot & cold foods and juices but there was no fruit. We will stay here again. It is a great value for the price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ruskin, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The Ruskin Inn is clean, has great beds in a beautiful location and pet friendly. Enjoyed stay.
Only negative was that the coffee was the worst I have ever had. McDonalds across the street make it a plan to go for coffee

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Norristown, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed here for three nights while visiting family. I found the staff very pleasant and helpful. The room was comfortable, clean. The bathroom was well stocked, clean and water pressure was good during my stay. For the price, this hotel is really very good. I have stayed in comparable rooms for three and four times the amount we paid. The only difference was that other hotels had a more modern flat screen tv, but I wasn't there to watch tv, although they offered free cable/HBO here. The breakfast selection: eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, cold or hot cereal, bagels, muffins, breads, coffee and juices. I would have liked to see fresh fruit, but everything available was fresh and plentiful. Coffee was available all day. Our room was very nice, clean and cheery. The bed was comfortable with spotless crispy white linens. I was happy to see a duvet and no yucky bedspread. I was pleasantly surprised to find a small fridge and microwave in the room. The pool area was well kept with lounge chairs, umbrella table, chairs and outdoor shower. There was a coin-op. washer and drier available and an ironing board/iron in the room. The location was convenient with many nearby shopping centers and it was close to main roads. Also, this is a pet friendly hotel. Some pet friendly hotels I have been in were smelly, but there were no problem smells here. I will definitely stay here again and recommend it. Great value. Excellent, considering the price

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

WORST HOTEL EVER!!!!!!!!!!! Iwill tell u that my job has me at hotels three weeks out of every month! This was the worst hotel experience I've ever had!!! When we checked in they were nice we got into our room and the air conditioner was broke and they wouldn't switch us rooms and there was 5cars in the parking lot that night. We go to dinner and come back into our room and the ceiling fell down do to all the moisture that has built up in the ceiling!!! It went all over our brand new luggage, I go to the front desk and she tells me she will tell her boss in the morning! I go down in the morning to talk to him and he says sorry but there's nothing he can do. I said your ceiling fell and ruined my luggage and he told me to go to the dry cleaner and I'll be fine!!! He wouldn't comp my night stay or anything!!!!! Never stay here it's horrible!!!

• Stayed May 2012
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

The room was clean and comfortable. The tub/ shower area was a little in need of cleaning/ updating. Water pressure was poor. However, for a short stay, you can't beat the value.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ruskin Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!