“Nice Area” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ruskin Inn Hotel

Orbitz.com Expedia.com
Ruskin Inn Hotel
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   3113 College Ave. East, Ruskin, FL 33570 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Ruskin/Sun City)   |
Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Ruskin
Ruskin, Florida
“Nice Area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The Ruskin Inn is clean, has great beds in a beautiful location and pet friendly. Enjoyed stay.
Only negative was that the coffee was the worst I have ever had. McDonalds across the street make it a plan to go for coffee

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Norristown, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed here for three nights while visiting family. I found the staff very pleasant and helpful. The room was comfortable, clean. The bathroom was well stocked, clean and water pressure was good during my stay. For the price, this hotel is really very good. I have stayed in comparable rooms for three and four times the amount we paid. The only difference was that other hotels had a more modern flat screen tv, but I wasn't there to watch tv, although they offered free cable/HBO here. The breakfast selection: eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, cold or hot cereal, bagels, muffins, breads, coffee and juices. I would have liked to see fresh fruit, but everything available was fresh and plentiful. Coffee was available all day. Our room was very nice, clean and cheery. The bed was comfortable with spotless crispy white linens. I was happy to see a duvet and no yucky bedspread. I was pleasantly surprised to find a small fridge and microwave in the room. The pool area was well kept with lounge chairs, umbrella table, chairs and outdoor shower. There was a coin-op. washer and drier available and an ironing board/iron in the room. The location was convenient with many nearby shopping centers and it was close to main roads. Also, this is a pet friendly hotel. Some pet friendly hotels I have been in were smelly, but there were no problem smells here. I will definitely stay here again and recommend it. Great value. Excellent, considering the price

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

WORST HOTEL EVER!!!!!!!!!!! Iwill tell u that my job has me at hotels three weeks out of every month! This was the worst hotel experience I've ever had!!! When we checked in they were nice we got into our room and the air conditioner was broke and they wouldn't switch us rooms and there was 5cars in the parking lot that night. We go to dinner and come back into our room and the ceiling fell down do to all the moisture that has built up in the ceiling!!! It went all over our brand new luggage, I go to the front desk and she tells me she will tell her boss in the morning! I go down in the morning to talk to him and he says sorry but there's nothing he can do. I said your ceiling fell and ruined my luggage and he told me to go to the dry cleaner and I'll be fine!!! He wouldn't comp my night stay or anything!!!!! Never stay here it's horrible!!!

• Stayed May 2012
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

The room was clean and comfortable. The tub/ shower area was a little in need of cleaning/ updating. Water pressure was poor. However, for a short stay, you can't beat the value.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
ELY CAMBRIDGE UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

We stayed here for a one night stopover on our three week trip to discover the "real" Florida. Staff were helpful and friendly and the room and entrance were clean and very acceptable. The breakfast was on the basis side but adequate. A good value, convenient and clean place for a stop over. Bob Eans restaurant (two m inutes by car) proved very acceptable but busy.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

The staff was friendly, that was the only good thing about this place. One of the most important thing about a hotel is how clean it is. This hotel did not measure up. The pillowcases on both beds had stains on them. I don't mean just a spot or two. It looked as if they needed to be tossed out and replaced. They were suppose to be white, but all in the center on both sides were largely stained, and you could see what I am guessing is mascara marks also. The breakfast in the morning was also bad - english muffins, 3 types of bread, dried out cold eggs and Gravy with sausage that looked really bad. There was one biscuit. You had to go to the lobby to get coffee. Granted not that far, but come on now. You could pay the same price and stay at a the quality inn, comfort inn and get a nice clean room and hot breakfast.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
New Rochelle, N.Y.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

We stayed at the Ruskin Inn on Dec 3, 2011 for one night (Room #303). The front desk team assisted us with our early arrival and they were able to get us a king size bed. While the complementary breakfast is basic (cheese omelete, muffins, toast, orange juice coffee), it was all we needed to get an early start. There was also a coffee maker in the room, which made a quick cup of coffee. We spilled something on the plane and needed to wash clothers, the coin-op washer and dryer was very convenient, soap and dryer sheets can be purchased at the front desk. Our room had an older TV, the picture tube was a little fuzzy so a flat screen upgrade might be needed soon. Dogs under 16 lbs are permitted. Overall, relative to the very reasonable price for the room, I think it a great place for a quick stay.

One quick note on dining in Ruskin. The immediate area does not seem to have any good restaurants, mostly chains (e.g., Bob Evans) or fast food (McD, Burger King). Someone had suggested Sonny's BBQ, which was just OK, assuming you want chicken & ribs dishes or their salad bar. There was also an Italian Restuarant that was rumored to be worthwhile, but we could not locate it. I think a short drive out of Ruskin could easily improve your dining experiences.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Ruskin Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!