First you have to come through a lot of construction of condos to get to the resort. No big deal. It gets better.
The most obvious thing I noticed about this location is how quiet it is. Even with a few kids around, somehow the design of the interior halls and rooms dull the noise very well. On Sunday you can hear a pin drop.
Most reviews I read said there was no internet, so I left my laptop at home only to find out as I was checking out that they had recently installed high speed access. So bring your laptop.
As for the rooms and the rest of the resort, the rooms are comfortable, but nothing along the lines of super luxurious. There are no movies available on the TV, which was a drag. The best thing about my room was the view of the harbor. The boats and the seagulls were so relaxing. Try to get on the harbor side because it's shady most of the time and you can sit out on the balcony and veg out. And get on the second floor to avoid the parking lot.
The restaurant has great food, but after a few days you'll be looking for more variety. Good luck, because there is a lack of variety of cultured restaurants within reasonable driving distance. There is the usual Denny's and other chains in Sun City, but they are dirty and crowded with elderly folks and it's hard to get a seat especially at breakfast. I recommend Sonny's Barbecue, if you like meat and potatoes. Otherwise it's back to the resort restaurant!
One drawback is the security. My card key stopped working every day after 5PM. Each time I went to the front desk to get a new one they did not ask for my name or ID. They just gladly handed me not one, but three room keys for the room I requested. I could have gotten into any room I wanted. Not good and I let them know this on the way out, in a nice way.
There are lots of things for you to do like jet skis and boat charters and a 1/2 mile sandy beach. There is also a little playground. Live music on the weekend at nightis very entertaining. Mostly retired couples so your not going to get hit on that much if your a lady.
Overall, the place is cute and generally clean and well kept, but it's not a 5 star resort by any means. It's just a small quiet little fun place with a small pool, beach and nice view.
I would definitely go again just for the rest and relaxation I got. My sleep means a lot to me and there is nothing I hate more than a bunch of drunks coming in the early morning hours raising Kane in the hall and the adjacent rooms. There is NONE of that here.
Oh, be ready for a $5 charge per day for the paper and other amenities. Just pay it and move on. It's worth it to pay a little more here in my opinion.
I Give it 3 stars for quality of room and facilities.
5 stars for quietness and general comfort.
- Also Known As:
- The Resort And Club At Little Harbor
- The Resort & Club At Little Harbor Hotel Ruskin
- The Resort & Club At Little Harbor Hotel
- Hotel At Little Harbor
- Resort At Little Harbor
- Resort Club Little Harbor
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your Caribbean-style island resort on the South Shore of Tampa Bay - The Resort & Club at Little Harbor. This unique resort and residential village provides a harmonious blend of Anglo-Caribbean architecture, lush tropical landscaping, island style hospitality and the natural wonders of a waterfront resort.Conveniently secluded between Tampa and Sarasota, The Resort & Club at Little Harbor is a full-service, AAA Travel Guide, three-diamond, resort hotel and conference center situated on 124 acres, completely surrounded by the tranquil waters of our harbors, marinas and Tampa Bay. No matter how you choose to spend your time, we have an option for you at The Resort & Club at Little Harbor. Relax and enjoy our half mile stretch of secluded, white sandy beach. Take a dip in one of three heated pools and two Jacuzzi. Feeling competitive? Shoot hoops, play beach volleyball or play tennis on one of our five tennis courts. The entire family will enjoy themselves on our 250 foot fishing pier shuffleboard court horseshoe field or in our two fitness centers or enjoy our watersports including kayaks, jetskis, hydro bikes or paddleboards.Boaters arrive in paradise with deep-water access, 330 wet-slips, 220 high and dry slips, on-site fuel dock, bait and tackle store, fully stocked ship’s store, and boat trailer parking with near-by flats and deep sea fishing.Dine at one of two waterfront restaurants, The Sunset Grill or Sunset lounge and our beach-side Tiki Bar. Choose from a selection of steaks, sumptuous seafood, stacked sandwiches open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with live entertainment outside on Friday Through Sunday evenings.The Resort & Club at Little Harbor offers a vast array of guest room accommodations perfect for individuals, couples, families and groups desiring a resort destination. Guest accommodations include our standard, deluxe and Junior Suites along with our brand new studio, one, two and three bedroom suites and town homes, all offering breathtaking water views of Tampa Bay or our marinas, harbor and nature preserves.All guest rooms have been completely renovated to provide you with the necessary conveniences to ensure your comfort. An iron and ironing board, hair dryer, coffee maker, microwave and mini refrigerator are standard items in every room. A spacious work desk area with ample lighting, direct dial telephones, free high-speed internet access, 32" flat screen color cable television with free premium channels. Individual climate control air conditioning and heating, private bathrooms with granite counter tops and private balconies or patios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, EasyToBook, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your The Resort & Club at Little Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.