“What a hidden jewel!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Ruskin
Il.-USA
“What a hidden jewel!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We rented a condo it was extremely pleasant!Very clean and well equipped including down to a washer and dryer!Justin assisted us and we had a PRIMO view-which is really good-as while there I sprained my ankle-the view was over the marina the ocean and we were able to see St.Petersburg!The pool and cuzzt from
our veranda!The staff are extremely helpful!We took our 14 year young Grandson as a passage to high school present-he loved it!We were going to go deep sea fishing right from the marina-but after spraining ankle couldn`t HOPEFULLY next time! they offer a hook and cook-what we catch they cook and serve-people are so friendly I invited a couple we met to join for dinner-mm didn`t happen.There is a private beach we went treasure hunting on-FUN!It is a salt water pool I liked it!!It`s cool it starts out 4 ft. goes slant in middle to 6 ft.Plenty of chairs for lounging!Only thing lacking no room service,We booked through our vaca club treat yourself as it`s a quiet hidden piece of the peace for vaca close enough to go wear yourself out daytime quiet in the evening!Do not take children to Tiki bar as the songs are pretty graphic!!!

Room Tip: Be sure you ask for 3 or higher-we started on the first floor and viewed the parking lot-then Justin...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jonathan B, Front Office Manager at The Resort & Club at Little Harbor, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m glad Justin and the rest of our staff was of great assistance and able to provide you with a beautiful suite overlooking the marina and Tampa Bay. The views from your balcony truly are magnificent! I am sorry to hear about the injury you sustained, yet so happy you were still able to enjoy your vacation. We hope to see you again soon, possibly for a deep sea fishing trip!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

my husband and I came out for just a nice to get away. We were put into the older portion of the hotel, and the room had a beautiful view but the bathroom was not the cleanest. We went back up to the front desk and spoke with Britney and Nancy, who happily transferred to another room in the high rise. We visited the pool which were great and also ate at the Sunset grill. this service was fantastic, we had some of the cream of crab soup which was out of this world! We even were fortunate enough to see a wedding being set up and perform. The views are very relaxing and very pretty.are in line to do so. We went out to Apollo beach for dinner and ate at a restaurant called Circles, it was very nice but the food was rather expensive and the service was slow. The tiki bar had live entertainment and looked fun. In the highrise portion of the hotel it is well decorated, very clean, and equipped with everything you would need to make a good breakfast or dinner. This staff went above and beyond in accommodating our request as finding another room.

• Stayed July 2013
nancybryant, General Manager at The Resort & Club at Little Harbor, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, I am so thrilled that our staff were quick to take care of your concerns and that you were able to relax and enjoy all that the resort had to offer for your weekend getaway. Please come back and see us again soon.
Lakeland, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We live in Central Florida and cannot believe we have never heard of this place, it is the hidden gem of the Bay Area!!! We stayed at The Inn for 2 nights in the "A" building (where the reception desk is located). Before we left, I read a lot of bad reviews for The Inn and tried to get my husband to change to Harborside, but he convinced me to wait till we got there to check the room. I am so glad he did!!! The Inn is located right in the heart of the resort! If you can get in the "A" building everything is just steps from your doorstep (the pool, 2 restaurants, Tiki Bar, gym, market, tennis, shuffleboard, the pier, the "beach"). There is not a better room location in the place!!! The room was a lot better than we imagined (a lot of reviews mentioned carpet, but our room was tile), but this is not a Ritz. The kitchenette was an added bonus with every appliance/utensil you could need during your stay. We had a slight issue after the first night in our room and the reception desk moved us immediately with no fuss, we didn't even have to ask. The restaurant by the beach/tiki bar was unbelievable! The food was delicious and the presentation was impressive, you can tell they have a chef in the kitchen. The prices were reasonable so we ate lunch and dinner there both days! There is a fishing pier located right by the tiki bar that was just the relaxing spot we were looking for. At night, you can fish while you listed to live music. We cannot wait to go back to this hotel in the near future!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jen, Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the resort, we are absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed your accommodations, the restaurant and the amenities the resort has to offer. I would agree that the views in Building A are magnificent. We cannot wait to see you again soon.
Plainfield,Il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I loved loved loved this place. I was here for a family for a family reunion. Some of us stayed in a townhouse and many were in the suites in Buildings A, B, and C.
There are also hotel like bldg on the property. This place is so beautiful. Right off the Gulf of Mexico. There are restaurants on the property, pools, and a tiki bar. Only minutes away from town. There are so many wonderful things to say about this place so I really would advise anyone to stay here. You will love it!

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The room was great and the little beach was very nice. The Hooks restaurant has the best hamburger I have had in a long time and everyone was very friendly and service was great -- as was the view. Too bad they allow smoking of cigars -- my ne;hew had a tough time of it./
The staff at teh resort was vey nice and accomodating and the room was fantastic. However, the carpert needs to be removed and replaced with tile or some type of hard flooring that can be mopped and cleaned properly.

Aslo, as nice as they were -- the cleaning staff is not very good. Coffee and creamer not repplenished and bathroom and kitchen not properly cleaned -- we found candy and wrappers from p[revious tenants.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jonathan B, Front Office Manager at The Resort & Club at Little Harbor, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff were very nice and accommodating. It is also nice hearing that the new restaurant, Hooks, is providing our guests with some great food! Your comments and concerns have been forwarded to our Housekeeping Manager to review with his staff. We appreciate your feedback and the opportunity it provides us to improve our product and services. We hope to see you again soon!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My family and I, along with other friends accounting for over 24 people, have been coming to this resort since 2008. No complains whatsoever. But this year 2013, we come to a resort with new management and new rules. I am ok with rules, but i am not ok with them prohibiting me from bringing a cooler to the beach area. How are we supposed to stay hydrated. The heat in the middle of summer in FL is no joke, and the idea of not been able to bring a cooler with water and juices for my infants kids doesn't sit well with me and the rest of the people that came with us. The hotel is at walking distance but not close enough for anybody to back and forth every time your child or yourself is thirsty. This made my trip very unpleasant and has me and all my friends looking for another hotel to come to every 4th of july weekend. Which is sad because i really like the resort. Rooms are beautiful, and clean.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to provide us feedback on your recent stay with us. I totally understand your displeasure when you were told that we do not allow coolers or water/juice on the beach. I apologize that you were told this, but we do allow coolers on the beach... just no glass. We recently went through a transition in hiring a new beach attendant and he has been made aware of this policy. We hope you can visit us again next year and enjoy your stay like you have in previous years.

Been to The Resort & Club at Little Harbor? Share your experiences!