“Wonderful place, needs new carpet and better cleaning of room” 4 of 5 stars

The Resort & Club at Little Harbor
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   611 Destiny Drive, Ruskin, FL 33570   |
Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Ruskin
Miami, Florida
“Wonderful place, needs new carpet and better cleaning of room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The room was great and the little beach was very nice. The Hooks restaurant has the best hamburger I have had in a long time and everyone was very friendly and service was great -- as was the view. Too bad they allow smoking of cigars -- my ne;hew had a tough time of it./
The staff at teh resort was vey nice and accomodating and the room was fantastic. However, the carpert needs to be removed and replaced with tile or some type of hard flooring that can be mopped and cleaned properly.

Aslo, as nice as they were -- the cleaning staff is not very good. Coffee and creamer not repplenished and bathroom and kitchen not properly cleaned -- we found candy and wrappers from p[revious tenants.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jonathan B, Front Office Manager at The Resort & Club at Little Harbor, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff were very nice and accommodating. It is also nice hearing that the new restaurant, Hooks, is providing our guests with some great food! Your comments and concerns have been forwarded to our Housekeeping Manager to review with his staff. We appreciate your feedback and the opportunity it provides us to improve our product and services. We hope to see you again soon!

413 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My family and I, along with other friends accounting for over 24 people, have been coming to this resort since 2008. No complains whatsoever. But this year 2013, we come to a resort with new management and new rules. I am ok with rules, but i am not ok with them prohibiting me from bringing a cooler to the beach area. How are we supposed to stay hydrated. The heat in the middle of summer in FL is no joke, and the idea of not been able to bring a cooler with water and juices for my infants kids doesn't sit well with me and the rest of the people that came with us. The hotel is at walking distance but not close enough for anybody to back and forth every time your child or yourself is thirsty. This made my trip very unpleasant and has me and all my friends looking for another hotel to come to every 4th of july weekend. Which is sad because i really like the resort. Rooms are beautiful, and clean.

Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to provide us feedback on your recent stay with us. I totally understand your displeasure when you were told that we do not allow coolers or water/juice on the beach. I apologize that you were told this, but we do allow coolers on the beach... just no glass. We recently went through a transition in hiring a new beach attendant and he has been made aware of this policy. We hope you can visit us again next year and enjoy your stay like you have in previous years.
Brownstown, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

All I can say is what a nightmare! I am so disappointed and upset that I'm writing this through tears. My family works very hard to save for a nice vacation each year and this place is a total waste. First of all, it's disgustingly dirty! I don't even feel comfortable taking my shoes off inside! The carpet in the halls and in our room is beyond dirty. I went out and bought our own sheets and towels just to survive the week. The beach is dirty and the chairs out there are a joke. The pull-out coach is completely uncomfortable. I believe the website is total false advertisement. I'm not sure where people that had good reviews stayed because I have seen nothing nice about this place. Unfortunately we are stuck here. We will be driving each day to somewhere nice. Again, very disappointed! Don't waste your money and vacation, stay somewhere else!!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jonathan B, Front Office Manager at The Resort & Club at Little Harbor, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. We appreciate all feedback from our guests as it provides us the opportunity to improve our product and/or services. With that said, I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. We have contracted to have new carpeting installed at our resort within the next month. Additionally, we have purchased new beach chairs and umbrellas, for the enjoyment of our guests. We feel that if you chose to stay with us again, you would have a much more pleasant experience. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with a future stay.
West Babylon, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was one of the best hotels that I have stayed in for the money. The staff was excellent, the food was much better than I expected, even by the Tiki Bar, and they had good local entertainment playing outside. Other areas may have a better beach for swimming, but they had pools. I stayed in a King Junior Suite and I was very happy. It even had a kitchen. I would definitely stay there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and the spacious King Junior Suite accommodations! The Tiki Bar definitely provides a great atmosphere. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Jonesboro, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was the second time to visit Little Harbor. What a great resort! The accomendations are fabulous! Ladies/guys at the bar are so friendly and wonderful! My hat off to the chef as the food is amazing. The only issue is that I do not understand why the beach is not cleaned on a daily basis? I know that you have a lawn staff because the grounds are beautiful. I understand that the beach area may be leased with different management company. I would highly encourage to hire at least one person that will clean each day, pickup trash, clean the seaweed, throw broken chairs away, empty trash cans, place a few decorate plants around the wooden walkway. You need more chairs and umbrellas for the hot sun. Hope this gives you a few ideas.

Room Tip: Harbor Rooms are wonderful. We had 2 bedroom suite with harbor view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
nancybryant, General Manager at The Resort & Club at Little Harbor, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that all our staff were friendly and accommodating. Thank you for your comments with regards to the beach we are thrilled to have hired a beach attendant who will start with us next week and new chairs and umbrellas are on their way, so hopefully we will see you again in the future and you will be able to enjoy a shady spot on the beach:)
Beecher, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

There are some things that you just have to except with an older building, but the remodel on the rooms was nice. I has a King Suite for an excellent price and the room was really spacious. I had a harbor facing view which was beautiful. There are a ton of amenities but unfortunately I didn't have the time to take advantage of all of them due to traveling on business. The only negative is that the workout facility was rather dirty but in all fairness I went at the end of the day. You would pay a lot more elsewhere for this "resort" type of atmosphere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
We are sorry to hear that your stay was all work and no play, we hope that you will come back and see us for some relaxation and to enjoy the amenities that the resort has to offer. We are glad that you enjoyed your suite and had a great view - see you soon!

Been to The Resort & Club at Little Harbor? Share your experiences!