“Bitten up alive” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Ruskin
Clearwater, Florida
“Bitten up alive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The location was tucked away. It had extraordinary views and the beach looked great. The night entertainment was fun and it had a lively crowd. The no see ums ( bugs that bite you) and mosquito's were unbearable. I don't no if this is an on going problem. But its shear torture to get bitten up so badly.. The front desk was great. We were in the event room one of the evenings and even got bit up there. The food was only mediocre for the event we attended. It took so long to get our meals that the evening of dancing was shortened. In the restaurant my sisters scallops were raw at dinner and they waited along time for that. The prime rib was good. My sister was never offered a refund nor did anyone come out to apologize.For the breakfast buffet I waited 10 minutes for someone to make me an omelet at the omelet station. One of the kitchen staff saw me when I walked up to the station and told me " I will get someone for you "I opted for the scrambled eggs as my party was almost done eating without me. I would like to go again in hopes that we just had a bad weekend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
nancybryant, General Manager at The Resort & Club at Little Harbor, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Jamie, thank you for your review, we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the amazing views across Tampa Bay and soaked up some sun on the beach.
I am afraid that noseeums and mosquitos are quite unfriendly at this time of year in Florida and we have just fogged the resort to keep them as under control as possible.
The restaurant on site is leased by a separate company and I have passed along your comments with regards to your dining and event experience. The entire management team on the resort takes all comments and concerns seriously and will do all that they can to ensure guest satisfaction.
I do hope that you will visit us again in the future.

421 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Taunton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We enjoyed our three night stay. When we were there this March, they were doing updates to one of the pools and putting in new steps to a building next to the tennis courts. The courts are nice, and my family enjoyed playing tennis every morning. The gym in the resort part of the hotel is nice with up to date equipment, and the pool at the resort part was nice as well! Hot tub was a little small though. Here comes the but!!! Our room in the resort part of the property was nice, with a view of the harbor and St. Pete. The only problem I had with the room and hallways was the rugs needed to be cleaned or replaced. The rest of the room looked very clean. And other reviews have mentioned it already. It's in the middle of nowhere, but in some cases that's a good thing! The staff was very nice to us as well. I would recommend this property more to couples or someone that wants R&R. I would max out at three days if with kids. Not much to do there for kids other than the pool , basketball and tennis. No attractions nearby.

Room Tip: If you want a waterview ask to stay in the resort part not the hotel part.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the amenities that the resort has to offer, we pride ourselves on relaxing getaways for our guests.
With regards to the carpets in the hallways and rooms, this summer we will be replacing those items, we are very excited to see the finished product.
We hope to see you if you are in the area in the future.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I have stayed at the Resort & Club at Little Harbor on three different occasions. Overall this place is an exceptional value and wonderful place to stay if your looking for a quite beach front Hotel.

This is one slight catch to the place, they have two parts of the Hotel the "Inn side" and the "Harbor Side" there is a notable difference between the two for little price variance. The Harbor side is fantastic and honestly not that much more money. I personally would recommend for a family either the 1 or 2 bedroom suite with the kitchen. The rooms are really charming with plenty of space. The Harbor side also has an outstanding pool and recreation area.

The inn side is not bad, but it's more like a nice Motel 8 vs the Harbor side that actually feels like a high end resort. At least that is how it felt when I once booked the standard room on the inn side and it didn't impress me the way the Harbor side did on the prior stay.

I will say though regardless what side you choose the rest of the resort is beautiful; great views at sunset of St Petersburg across the bay. The pier and beach are wonderful and non-crowded and then there are the two restaurants that both serve up some super yummy food. I highly recommend the brunch in the main restaurant.

The service has always been friendly and accommodating and I have always left happy and relaxed. It's a great place to stay at half the cost of overrated beach hotels in the area.

Room Tip: The harbor side is the better way to go.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our resort. We are always thrilled to hear that our guests are happy with the suites, amenities and grounds of the resort. We truly look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We spent the night when some friends were down and there is a lot of things that makes this place enjoyable. A choice of pools that were great, the waterfront at the bay has a beach and the Sunshine Grille has some great and fancy food. Also there is live music on the weekends that our duo has played at for quite a few years but not lately. Rooms are small but adequate and service is a bit above average. There are condos on the property so I assume they cater to the upper crust a bit more. All in all a nice stay to visit friends.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the resort with friends. We do have a host of accommodations available so should you consider staying in the future, our desk agents would be happy to assist you with finding the perfect accommodations to meet your needs. Our two and three bedroom suites are perfect for weekend get togethers. We hope to see you all again in the future.
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This place could be so much better. We stayed on our first night in their hotel rooms. The carpet and bed cover were a disgrace covered in stains. The room was dark and quite dingy. Thank goodness it was only for one night. Then we moved into a three bed, three bath condo opposite the marina. The views were lovely. The condo its self the layout etc was very good, lots of space even for 6 adults. When we looked around we noticed the place was just not clean. The carpet had not been clean from previous guests. The cutlery and crockery had been replaced in the cupboards and not washed properly, All the skirting boards and bannisters were thick with dust and grime, chipped furniture and black marks on the walls. All these things are not acceptable. Little Harbor management need to take a look around their establishment and put all these things right. Starting with housekeeping who need some lessons on how to clean properly.
One evening we decided to go to the Restaurant, we asked what time last orders were served and was told 9.PM so we arrived at about 8.40pm and was greeted by a young man who told us we must be joking coming to dinner at this time of the evening!!!!!! He pasted the seating of our party to someone else. When our server arrived she told us we were to late for the full menu as it was gone 9.pm. When we told her we arrived in time but had been kept waiting by said young man, she went away and came back and we were able to order from the main menu. The food is very good in the Restaurant but once again not as clean as it should be, badly stained carpet etc and a horrible smell of bleach.
One other thing that I thought was not good, the block we stayed in was massive with the smallest swimming pool, not nearly big enough to accommodate a fraction of the people staying within our block.
Would I stay there again NO, they would really have to get their act together for me to stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Please allow me to begin by offering my sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you incurred throughout your stay. It seems, that among other things, there are training needs that require immediate attention. Please be assured that the resort management do take all comments and concerns extremely seriously and act upon them.
The resort has recruited a new housekeeping manager and the entire team have been through a retraining. All units are going through a deep clean process and we have just bought new linen for our rooms.
Our restaurant is leased by a separate company but I do apologize on their behalf for your experience, I have passed along your comments to their General Manager.
We are sorry that you stay did not live up to your expectations If the resort is fortunate enough to host you and yours again in the future, please contact me personally so I can ensure nothing but an optimum experience. Kind Regards
Cedarburg, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We arrived at Little Harbor for a short visit after seeing family., We could have used a few extra days though we relaxed, enjoyed the live music at the Tiki. Our room was nice great for the two of us. If your looking for a busy nightlife this is not the place but you can drive over the bridge to St Petes for the day. After going through traffic, shopping, sightseeing then go back to Little Harbor to Chill. We really liked seeing wildlife in the Bay and everyone was friendly. The beach is relaxing they do need to put out more chairs with umbrella's and if they had beach service someday that would be an extra plus . We will be back they are going though more updates which only will add to the property with a few more eating choices and a little shopping. Fish House and Ybor Gril just down the road they have great food.. nothing fancy .. that is not why you go there but great food

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the resort and that we will be seeing you again in the future. You will be pleased to hear that Hooks the new restaurant is close to opening and we opened our village market store! With many new projects on the horizon.
We truly thank you for your comments and can't wait to see you again!
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Just this past weekend, My parents and I rented two rooms at The Inn at Little Harbor.
I had looked at their website and the rooms looked nice and modern and the place is right across the bay so the resort looked like a nice, different place for a comfortable stay.
What was my surprise when we opened the door to BOTH of the rooms we were given (101 and 103) ! The rooms were dark and FILTHY! The carpets were stained, the blanket in my bed had a hole, my mom found a roach in the closet, there were little critters coming out of the bathtub drain and I was just afraid to touch anything in the room. I later found out that this is the oldest part of the hotel and that I should have asked for the Harborview Suites but, still, it is uncomprehensible how even if this is the older/cheapest side of the resort that a place like this should even offer ANYONE a room in that condition. I do have to admit that when I complained at the front desk, they gave us a discount but these have been the two most uncomfortable nights I have spent in my life. !!!! Giving it 1 star rating because there is nothing less but be warned, do not stay at THE INN, you will regret it.

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY AT THE INN. Ask for Harborview Suites but, be warned, they are more expensive.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues that you experienced throughout your stay. Please be assured that we take all comments and concerns extremely seriously and act upon them immediately. We certainly launched an investigation into your units as this is not the level of service standards to which we adhere. Should your plans bring you back to the area, please contact me personally so that I may ensure nothing but an optimum resort stay.

Been to The Resort & Club at Little Harbor? Share your experiences!