I have stayed at the Resort & Club at Little Harbor on three different occasions. Overall this place is an exceptional value and wonderful place to stay if your looking for a quite beach front Hotel.
This is one slight catch to the place, they have two parts of the Hotel the "Inn side" and the "Harbor Side" there is a notable difference between the two for little price variance. The Harbor side is fantastic and honestly not that much more money. I personally would recommend for a family either the 1 or 2 bedroom suite with the kitchen. The rooms are really charming with plenty of space. The Harbor side also has an outstanding pool and recreation area.
The inn side is not bad, but it's more like a nice Motel 8 vs the Harbor side that actually feels like a high end resort. At least that is how it felt when I once booked the standard room on the inn side and it didn't impress me the way the Harbor side did on the prior stay.
I will say though regardless what side you choose the rest of the resort is beautiful; great views at sunset of St Petersburg across the bay. The pier and beach are wonderful and non-crowded and then there are the two restaurants that both serve up some super yummy food. I highly recommend the brunch in the main restaurant.
The service has always been friendly and accommodating and I have always left happy and relaxed. It's a great place to stay at half the cost of overrated beach hotels in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your Caribbean-style island resort on the South Shore of Tampa Bay - The Resort & Club at Little Harbor. This unique resort and residential village provides a harmonious blend of Anglo-Caribbean architecture, lush tropical landscaping, island style hospitality and the natural wonders of a waterfront resort.Conveniently secluded between Tampa and Sarasota, The Resort & Club at Little Harbor is a full-service, AAA Travel Guide, three-diamond, resort hotel and conference center situated on 124 acres, completely surrounded by the tranquil waters of our harbors, marinas and Tampa Bay. No matter how you choose to spend your time, we have an option for you at The Resort & Club at Little Harbor. Relax and enjoy our half mile stretch of secluded, white sandy beach. Take a dip in one of three heated pools and two Jacuzzi. Feeling competitive? Shoot hoops, play beach volleyball or play tennis on one of our five tennis courts. The entire family will enjoy themselves on our 250 foot fishing pier shuffleboard court horseshoe field or in our two fitness centers or enjoy our watersports including kayaks, jetskis, hydro bikes or paddleboards.Boaters arrive in paradise with deep-water access, 330 wet-slips, 220 high and dry slips, on-site fuel dock, bait and tackle store, fully stocked ship’s store, and boat trailer parking with near-by flats and deep sea fishing.Dine at one of two waterfront restaurants, The Sunset Grill or Sunset lounge and our beach-side Tiki Bar. Choose from a selection of steaks, sumptuous seafood, stacked sandwiches open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with live entertainment outside on Friday Through Sunday evenings.The Resort & Club at Little Harbor offers a vast array of guest room accommodations perfect for individuals, couples, families and groups desiring a resort destination. Guest accommodations include our standard, deluxe and Junior Suites along with our brand new studio, one, two and three bedroom suites and town homes, all offering breathtaking water views of Tampa Bay or our marinas, harbor and nature preserves.All guest rooms have been completely renovated to provide you with the necessary conveniences to ensure your comfort. An iron and ironing board, hair dryer, coffee maker, microwave and mini refrigerator are standard items in every room. A spacious work desk area with ample lighting, direct dial telephones, free high-speed internet access, 32" flat screen color cable television with free premium channels. Individual climate control air conditioning and heating, private bathrooms with granite counter tops and private balconies or patios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, TravelClick, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Resort & Club at Little Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Resort & Club At Little Harbor Hotel Ruskin
- The Resort And Club At Little Harbor
- Hotel At Little Harbor
- Resort At Little Harbor
- Resort Club Little Harbor