“Great Escape” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Ruskin
Valdosta, Georgia
“Great Escape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Spent last night here as a surprise get away. The entire experience was wonderful. The view from our suite overlooked the marina. The private beach was beautiful. The food at the restaurant was awesome. Our room was nicely appointed with everything we needed. I wish we could stay here for at least a week. This is a very tranquil place. If you are looking for the wild party place, this is not for you. If you want a romantic get away or even a family atmosphere, this is your place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

412 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Riverview, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

When my hunny called me up from work on a Friday and told me to pack my bags I was so excited. However when we started driving down the road I was a little put off by the nearby scenery on the way there. I thought to myself, this is going to be fun (sarcasm). When we arrived at the entrance I didn't believe my eyes. Our room was the most gorgeous fully furnished suite I have ever stayed in (better that the Hilton downtown Miami) and way cheaper. We even received a military discount on top of the already low price. The hospitality was amazing, the food was beyond excellent and reasonably priced. I loved how they started a pool-side fire for us on our way back to our room after dinner and in the morning a seaside private massage to start the day! Highly recommend this hidden treasure!

Room Tip: Make sure you request to stay on the new side
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Just got back from Ruskin..Little Harbor in Florida--- was so pleased after reading crazy bad reviews on their properties--

Condo was clean--updated--we ha a 2bedroom --331C tower C--had washer dryer-- 3 balconies-- air-- 2 full bathrooms-- dishwasher- 2 queen beds--and a pull out sofa--3 tv"s with alot of channels...some dishes provided--pots and pans-- towels-linens-glasses--and soap

lovely resort-- private beach--tiki bar--lounge-restaurant--3 pools--

the pool in tower B--was so pretty--and clean--grill onsite--fire pits

we had 2 adulkts 3 kids--and loved it-

we drove down so we went to disney and universal studios--about 1 1/2 hr. drive--but we didn"t mind

went to St.petes beach and siesta key beach-- about 40 minute drive

we went jet skiing on the property--in the bay--loved it

groundsx were clean--and had 0 problems--- def. book this resort!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Little Harbor during our Honeymoon in July, and we had a really nice time. I was drawn to Little Harbor for the value and convenient location, and those didn't disappoint. However, what certainly did disappoint was our initial accomodations at the "Inn on Little Harbor", which compared to "Harborside at Little Harbor" were pitiful.

It's not very well-noted on the website, but the property has two hotels, one brand new and gorgeous (Harborside at LH), and a much older hotel, which has been renovated (Inn on LH). The prices between the hotels aren't very far apart, but the two hotels are like night and day in terms of quality and value. We had booked online and weren't aware of the disparity between the accomodations, our junior suite at the Inn on LH was very disappointing; the inside was nice, but the room was on the first floor and had no view, had outdoor access, smelled like cleaning supplies, and our bathroom door handle was broken. Not a great first impression, but after I brought it to the hotel's attention, they upgraded us for free into a Harborside Suite at the Harborside at LH hotel, and our experience took a turn for the better. Our new room was on the 4th floor overlooking the harbor, in a very nice studio. My wife and I both marveled all week long at how vastly different the quality and value of the two rooms were, they couldn't have been more different! And the difference in price between the two rooms, roughly $20/night, is money well spent.

The upgraded room really set a positive tone for the week, and from there on everything was great! We loved the on-site restaurant which had great service and good food, layed by the pool, went jetskiing, and took trips to both Tampa and Siesta Key. It ended up being a great trip! Thanks to Etienne for the upgrade, our trip could have turned out very differently otherwise!

Room Tip: There are two hotels on the property. Make sure you choose a room at the "Harborside at Little...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Lake Mary, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

A friend of ours recommened we stay at LIttle Harbor Inn and we certainly were not disappointed! The staff was very friendly and helpful, when I couldn't get the wi-fi to work, they were at my door in less than 5 minutes. JENNIFER at the front desk was most helpful regarding a small issue we had in the beginning and we enjoyed talking all things New Orleans with her, she is AWESOME!! The maintenance staff needs a special thank you too, My friend forgot her wallet on the chair at the pool, when she realized it, we ran back downstairs, it was gone..panic attack!! We asked THE other guests and they said maintenance had found it, when no one in the pool area claimed it, they looked inside for i.d. and started calling her name. From that point, it was brought to the front desk, by that time we had called and were able to retrieve it PHEW!! How great is that!!
The resort is well planned out, walking everywhere is very convenient. Our room was Harborside overlooking the marina with a small balcony. It was nicely appointed with plenty of cookware, micro,mini fridge & hotplate. We grilled outdoors twice during our stay and I just fixed sides on the hotplate..with a little planning, we were able to have a dinner party for 4 and ate like kings!!
The pool and grill area was THE place to kick back and relax with our friends and those we had just met. Little Harbor would be a wonderful place to have a family reunion, as there is something for everyone. Pool, tennis courts, small private beach, fishing pier overlooking the bay and water sports rentals. But the absolute BEST part is the Sunset Bar and Restaurant, the TIKI bar was a lot of fun, good music every night, drink specials and the food was very, very good.
My husband is a golfer, so the guys played at Club Renaissance (approx 10 mi)which is also owned by the same developer, so they did offer a special rate. The "girls" had their Spa Day at Club Celeste and it was FANTASTIC!! No discounts for the services, but that was ok. Grocery shopping is a little further into town, maybe 10-15 minutes, so it really wasn't inconvenient at all.
We will return again, next time I would like to use the fishing charter out of there, I hear its a great time too:)

Room Tip: Harbor side has a beautiful view with some having balconies. Wi-Fi is available in the Harbor side r...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This summer my family and I celebrated our first official, Annual Family Reunion in Ruskin. To our surprise The Resort & Club at Little Harbor far exceeded our expectations. The lodging was great. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. Everyone was enjoyed the views the location and the resort and all the accommodations the rooms and townhome rentals had to offer. We would definetly do it again. This was the perfect destination for us.

Room Tip: if you have a large family or group you have to do the townhome it is so well worth it.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

My family and I stayed at this resort because we were there to attend a wedding. I read the other reviews and was a bit scared by some of the negative reviews. However, I found this place to be beautiful. We stayed in the Harborside suite, which consisted of a queen size bed, a partial kitchenette and a sitting area with a sofa bed. We loved it and had a perfect view of the marina. Yes, I do have to agree with some viewers that the bathroom sink did not have any room for toiletries and that there was no bed stand by the beds. But, we made do with what we had and we didn't spend all our time in the room. We were out venturing around to nearby places like Bradenton, Tampa and St. Petersburg. We did get a one bedroom suite with a full kitchenette for my husband's relatives and it was beautiful! The internet access was great! My husband had the choide of wireless or ethernet access. He brought his own cables for his laptop and hooked onto the ethernet, which was very fast. He was able to conduct his conference call on the speaker phone and be hooked up at the same time. The pool at the hotel was great . . . though not as big. We were a bit confused by the set up of it with both ends starting at 4 feet and then 6 feet in the middle. The beach was a bit dirty, so I didn't let my kids in it . . . only by the shore. There were a few lounge chairs there to sit on with umbrellas. We had dinner on two nights at the Sunset Grill and Lounge and enjoyed it. There really isn't much in Ruskin and this resort is way off, but nearby is Sun City with every type of services and restaurants offered. We enjoyed the resort a lot, especially since it was the off-season and not too crowded. We would definitely return again, but this time we would get the one bedroom suite. Be sure not to get the Harborside confused with the Inn. Also, be sure to request the marina view. By the way, all the staff we encountered there were very friendly, helpful and accomodating.

Room Tip: Pick the rooms at the Harborside and request the marina view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Resort & Club at Little Harbor? Share your experiences!