“Two Queen Beds and Breakfast” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Sun City Center

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ruskin
Comfort Inn Sun City Center
Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Sun City Center to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   718 Cypress Village Boulevard Sun City Center, Ruskin, FL 33573   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Ruskin
“Two Queen Beds and Breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We were happy to stay here at my Father's recommendation. The two queen beds were comfortable and the TV was huge. The hot breakfast was also delicious and really made this hotel a good value. Jose at the front desk was friendly, efficient and courteous.

The negative--we checked in at about 10 PM or we would have complained: It looked like housekeeping had cleaned the bedroom but not the bathroom. There was no toilet paper at all. Not in a closet, not under the sink--nowhere. There was hair in the tub, something pink and sticky on the toilet seat, etc. I quickly cleaned the bathroom and ran down to the front desk to get toilet paper. We would have asked for another room, but my kids were already in bed. My father has stayed here several times and never had these issues, so I'm amenable to giving this place another chance.

Again, the beds were clean and comfortable and the breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

I have stayed here many times over the years traveling the territory on business Quiet, clean and friendly, great location easy access to venice saraota tampa st.pete. Staff is awesome, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Amesbury, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

We stay here every year for few days on part of our Florida trip, this is the first year truly disappointed!!! First we were supposedly guaranteed a first floor room- night clerk and manager played word games after the fact but regardless, room had sugar ants all over the place, door doesn't seal properly - see light through out it. Beds are always pretty good . While we love the pool, the quality of some of the guests there were questionable, smokers all in the spa, cussing etc, the little cabinet by the bathroom door for what I am assuming was supposed to be wet pool towels was truly disgusting! It clearly had not been opened in some time, because the smell of mildew knocked you over !! Gross! - beds and breakfast best part

Stayed May 2014
Hicksville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I will start off by saying: I didn't want to stay here. There are almost no pictures at all on the Internet and the reviews of the hotels in this area all talked about bugs and almost none that are reasonably priced looked nice. So, I was campaigning to stay at a Hilton Garden Inn in Brandon that I had read had been renovated in 2012. My boyfriend wanted to stay in a hotel close to Sun City Center because we were visiting his dad so he insisted we stay here. Reluctantly I agreed.

When I made the reservation, the lady who took it was really nice. But, they didn't ask for my email so I got no email confirmation...It was very old school.

With the above said, I was pleasantly surprised when we drove up and the outside looked pretty...it was made of adobe.

We got to our room and I was even more surprised. The room was clean, had a refrigerator, coffee maker, flat screen TV and a microwave. The one picture I could find made the room look like it was going to be really dated. But, this was very nice. It wasn't like staying at the Embassy Suites or a Hilton but it was completely comfortable and nice. AND CLEAN. Great shower pressure.

Although we didn't use the pool or jacuzzi (both outside), we did look at them and they were very nice and in great shape.

Everyone who worked there was extremely friendly. My boyfriend and I are both allergic to fragrance so when we first walked into the room and it smelled HIGHLY of something having been sprayed in the room, we looked at each other and were like "uh oh!" We aired out the room for about an hour. It finally dissipated. The next morning, we spoke with a housekeeper (I think Martha?) and asked her not to spray anything in the room. Not only did she NOT spray anything in the room the entire time we were there but she passed that information on to the housekeepers so they wouldn't either!! It made our stay so much better.

The price was excellent...it was a great value....HALF the price it would have cost us at the Hilton Garden Inn I had wanted to stay in. Free parking, Free wifi (which worked great) and free breakfast (cereal, oatmeal, waffles, yogurt, muffins, english muffins....) Free Coffee and Tea in the lobby all day.

The only cons were: the bathroom is TINY...like REALLY tiny. The sink is in the actual room so you have no privacy when washing up or getting ready for bed. The A/C is VERY loud...it didn't bother me but I thought it should be mentioned. The pillows weren't that comfortable but the bed was.

The hotel is near a lot of chain restaurants and very close to Sun City Center. We will definitely be returning next time we visit my boyfriend's dad.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We have been staying here for the last 15 years for our annual golfing trip. Our group consists of about 30 guys. Every time has been a wonderful experience. We plan to stay here for many years to come.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Jessie H, General Manager at Comfort Inn Sun City Center, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to seeing you guys every year .it' a pleasure to have you all . Let's hope same time next year .
Jessie and staff.
Hiram, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

This was one of the best experiences taken my family on a job audit, The staff at the hotel made my family was comfortable while I was working, Ms. Jessie and Ms. Peggy made sure all and any issues were no existent. My sons had fun each day at breakfast. This hotel staff made us feel welcome. Price was great. One minute problem was resolved quickly. WE WILL BE BACK !!

Room Tip: Rooms on bottom by pool are great
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Mts of western NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Just an overnight stay for us. They honored the coupon in the 'travel book' with no problem making our Friday night stay reasonable at $89 plus taxes. The room was large with 2 queen beds and a table. Comfortable pillows. A damaged lamp was in our unit and really should not be there any longer. Staff?? Don't be cheap, replace it. The TV was OK with many channels. The microwave and fridge both worked fine and the motel area appears safe. Parking is right in front of your room which is also nice. Very friendly clerk. The shower was adequate and really no issues other than both late arriving and early leaving guests. Typical stuff. The pool looked good too even though we didn't use it. We would stop here again.
Note: Don't make a U-turn when arriving. Turn left at the regular road and then left again to the property.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jessie H, General Manager at Comfort Inn Sun City Center, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. I really appreciate you comment regarding the lamp. I agree the lamp will be replaced.Thank you. I hope you will come back and see us and please come say hello to me and I will ensure you will have a nice stay.
Jessie and staff

Been to Comfort Inn Sun City Center? Share your experiences!