“Surprisingly Nice!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Sun City Center

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ruskin
Comfort Inn Sun City Center
You added Comfort Inn Sun City Center to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   718 Cypress Village Boulevard Sun City Center, Ruskin, FL 33573   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Ruskin
Hicksville, New York
“Surprisingly Nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I will start off by saying: I didn't want to stay here. There are almost no pictures at all on the Internet and the reviews of the hotels in this area all talked about bugs and almost none that are reasonably priced looked nice. So, I was campaigning to stay at a Hilton Garden Inn in Brandon that I had read had been renovated in 2012. My boyfriend wanted to stay in a hotel close to Sun City Center because we were visiting his dad so he insisted we stay here. Reluctantly I agreed.

When I made the reservation, the lady who took it was really nice. But, they didn't ask for my email so I got no email confirmation...It was very old school.

With the above said, I was pleasantly surprised when we drove up and the outside looked pretty...it was made of adobe.

We got to our room and I was even more surprised. The room was clean, had a refrigerator, coffee maker, flat screen TV and a microwave. The one picture I could find made the room look like it was going to be really dated. But, this was very nice. It wasn't like staying at the Embassy Suites or a Hilton but it was completely comfortable and nice. AND CLEAN. Great shower pressure.

Although we didn't use the pool or jacuzzi (both outside), we did look at them and they were very nice and in great shape.

Everyone who worked there was extremely friendly. My boyfriend and I are both allergic to fragrance so when we first walked into the room and it smelled HIGHLY of something having been sprayed in the room, we looked at each other and were like "uh oh!" We aired out the room for about an hour. It finally dissipated. The next morning, we spoke with a housekeeper (I think Martha?) and asked her not to spray anything in the room. Not only did she NOT spray anything in the room the entire time we were there but she passed that information on to the housekeepers so they wouldn't either!! It made our stay so much better.

The price was excellent...it was a great value....HALF the price it would have cost us at the Hilton Garden Inn I had wanted to stay in. Free parking, Free wifi (which worked great) and free breakfast (cereal, oatmeal, waffles, yogurt, muffins, english muffins....) Free Coffee and Tea in the lobby all day.

The only cons were: the bathroom is TINY...like REALLY tiny. The sink is in the actual room so you have no privacy when washing up or getting ready for bed. The A/C is VERY loud...it didn't bother me but I thought it should be mentioned. The pillows weren't that comfortable but the bed was.

The hotel is near a lot of chain restaurants and very close to Sun City Center. We will definitely be returning next time we visit my boyfriend's dad.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We have been staying here for the last 15 years for our annual golfing trip. Our group consists of about 30 guys. Every time has been a wonderful experience. We plan to stay here for many years to come.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Jessie H, General Manager at Comfort Inn Sun City Center, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to seeing you guys every year .it' a pleasure to have you all . Let's hope same time next year .
Jessie and staff.
Hiram, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

This was one of the best experiences taken my family on a job audit, The staff at the hotel made my family was comfortable while I was working, Ms. Jessie and Ms. Peggy made sure all and any issues were no existent. My sons had fun each day at breakfast. This hotel staff made us feel welcome. Price was great. One minute problem was resolved quickly. WE WILL BE BACK !!

Room Tip: Rooms on bottom by pool are great
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Mts of western NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Just an overnight stay for us. They honored the coupon in the 'travel book' with no problem making our Friday night stay reasonable at $89 plus taxes. The room was large with 2 queen beds and a table. Comfortable pillows. A damaged lamp was in our unit and really should not be there any longer. Staff?? Don't be cheap, replace it. The TV was OK with many channels. The microwave and fridge both worked fine and the motel area appears safe. Parking is right in front of your room which is also nice. Very friendly clerk. The shower was adequate and really no issues other than both late arriving and early leaving guests. Typical stuff. The pool looked good too even though we didn't use it. We would stop here again.
Note: Don't make a U-turn when arriving. Turn left at the regular road and then left again to the property.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jessie H, General Manager at Comfort Inn Sun City Center, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. I really appreciate you comment regarding the lamp. I agree the lamp will be replaced.Thank you. I hope you will come back and see us and please come say hello to me and I will ensure you will have a nice stay.
Lehighton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I wasn't expecting much when we booked the room, but upon pulling in the parking lot, I was pleasantly surprised. Very nice staff, and extremely nice, clean room (especially for the $) I'd say you can't beat this deal, the room was very up-to-date and good restaurants and small shopping center in walking distance.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jessie H, General Manager at Comfort Inn Sun City Center, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. It is nice to hear you were impressed upon your arrival. It meant a lot for us to know you were happy with your stay.Thank you again and should you come back please see me personally and I will ensure you your stay will be as nice as your last.
Dresser, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

If you're looking for a nice, economical place to stay near Sun City Center, this Comfort Inn is tops on my list. They've got a nice, well kept swimming pool; the rooms are always clean and comfortable, and I love the "make your own breakfast" - especially the Belgian waffles.

You won't find friendlier people at any hotel...just down-to-earth helpful folks. Jesse is my favorite person there.

Can't go wrong with a stay here.

Room Tip: If you like a King size bed, they've got them.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Jessie H, General Manager at Comfort Inn Sun City Center, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Thank you Lincoln for your kind comments. It's people like you help us continue to take pride in our hotel. We feel we are down to earth because we really enjoy seeing all of our repeat customers come back and I really hope you will be one of them. Thank you again.
Valdosta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Some friends were staying here to go to the races in Bradenton. Due to some late scheduling we had to book about 25 minutes away at this hotel. However, it is right on the Interstate and is easy to get to. We mainly slept here, but the rooms were clean and smelled clean. I have issues with stinky, moldy smells in hotels, but this one passed the sniff test. There is a light continental breakfast, which was nice for a cup of coffee or a morning snack. We stayed several nights, and on one night had to pull onto the curb of grass to get parking.

Room Tip: This is an outdoor corridor hotel and the parking gets quite full late in the day.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Jessie H, General Manager at Comfort Inn Sun City Center, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. We really appreciate it when you take the time to write about us. I really hope you will come back to see us and when you do please come and introduce yourself to me . I will ensure you will have an enjoyable stay. Once again on behalf of myself and the staff we thank you.
Jessie

Been to Comfort Inn Sun City Center? Share your experiences!