“Snobs approve” 3 of 5 stars

675 Royal Palm Beach Blvd, Royal Palm Beach, FL 33411   |
Fort Lauderdale
“Snobs approve”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Ok. I'll admit I'm a hotel snob. I've never stayed at a motel quite like this, a prostitution sting occurred on the same night I was there - who needs TV when real life is better? I was in town for a funeral and there were no other hotels as conveniently located to the church and cemetery. Me and my roommate survived, we got a good night sleep and did not see any bed bugs. In fact, when I checked between the mattress and box spring, I was surprised that the bed look pretty new. I was pleasantly surprised when I woke and my Mercedes had not been stolen. The truck drivers were also very nice. And the price was only $55 a night. Tip - bring your own shampoo, the rooms don't have those little bottles. So all in all, I give it a thumbs up!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Got the room for my family. They were very happy and sent several pictures. Pool was good and there were lots of places to eat nearby. Appears to have been redone fairly recently. This would be a good place to stay in the area

• Stayed July 2013
York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel on and off for 5 years now without any problems. We generally stay in a suite which are spacious and quite plesent - especially with a view of the lake. The staff have always been really friendly and helpful, I have never seen any problems with bugs and the rooms are clean enough. Last week I spent two weeks in a normal room and was happy to find a fridge and a microwave as you don't normally get them in basic hotels. The pool is rather large, with plenty of deck chairs and loungers - however it is a bit dated.

There are plenty of amenities in the area, all within walking distance.

Overall, an enjoyable place to stay and I wont be thinking twice about staying there again next year.

Room Tip: Suites with a lake view are the best - its quite quiet with a balcony with chairs to sit and relax.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Spent a week in this hotel while preaching a revival in Western Palm Beach County (Pahokee). Everything was outstanding from service to size to the wonderful pond just out my back door. The bed caused me to sleep late every day. The full size refrigerator and large coffee pot were the best. Only thing missing - stove, but the microwave worked just fine. Oh, and the real dishes were also a nice touch. This is my place of choice for that area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I booked this room as it seems like a good value, a suite was about $80 per night and was a nice large room, with full kitchen, dining table, sitting area, and what I loved was there was a back terrace with a very pretty water view. After being there no more than 2 hours my 12 month old daughter who still crawls had black hands an knees from crawling on the floor in this room. ( ok so I could maybe forgive that I'm sure they don't steam clean the carpets regularly, and it's only a little dirt it won't kill us).

The killer was in the middle of the night I woke up to use the restroom, came back layed down and just before I drifted off to sleep a bed bug crawled in front of my nose on the sheet, I then proceeded to pull back the covers and within the next hour I collected 8 bedbugs in a ziplock bag. I was totally grossed out and will most likely not stay here again!

I do want to say that when I went to the front desk in the Morning they did apologize and promptly refunded my money for my complete stay.

• Stayed May 2013
New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Having stayed here once before, we gave the Royal Inn a try without reservation. The last stay was quiet but probably due to the low occupancy at the time. This time, the hotel was packed. We showed up late, around 10p. Night staff was courteous and we went to our room only to find it wasn't what we reserved. It was a suite but with only 1 bed. A call to the front desk and we were put into another room with the right number of beds. Don't count on the pull out couch as a sleeping option as the mattress for it is very thin and worn. The room was clean but we did find a roach (quite large) in our shower on day 2. Having lived in Florida all these, you get used to seeing these from time to time.

The main problem I had was the tendency of guest to hang out in the parking lot at night, drinking and yelling and cussing. This went on for some time each night, On the second night, I ended up calling the front desk and they sent their security guard around and the noise stopped a short time afterwards.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that for a family , this probably isn't the place for you. If you're traveling alone and have to stay in Royal Palm then this place will probably work, just keep in mind that your fellow guest may be in more of a party mood than you and if you're trying to get some sleep.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Night staff was rude. Day staff was sweet. We locked our key in the room and told the man at the desk who then looked at us like "what do u want" so we told him our room number. He did not check out ID. So that made me feel safe..NOT. Our room smelled like urine. We had to go buy febreeze.. And our own sheets. You only get shampoo if you call and ask for it. Same with a blow dryer. The bathroom looked like it had been barely cleaned... And it is just overall outdated. The carpets have huge wet spots all over them and I doubt they've ever been cleaned. I am not a snobby person either. I typically will walk on hotel floors without shoes. (Even tho I probably shouldn't) but this place definitely not. Plus the rest of this town was extremely bizarre. We felt like we were in the twilight zone.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Royal Inn? Share your experiences!