“Dissapointed :-(” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Pig "n" Whistle British Pub

Pig "n" Whistle British Pub
41 Chailett Road, Gaspirilla Rd across from South Gulf Cove, Rotonda West, FL 33947
941-698-0021
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Huntingdon
“Dissapointed :-(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

we went to the pig and whistle last year for my birthday and it was fine,so this year i took 2 family members with me and hubby ,imagine my disappointment ,because we struggled last year with what we ate ,i told my family don't have a starter you will struggle with the main,well how untrue was this ,me and hubby had fish and chips well they were nothing like we saw last year ,the chips were over done and packet and you could have had better at McDonalds, rather than home made and chunky like they looked last year ,the pie l struggled with last year was nothing like,and 3 of us had puddings,it was expensive for what we had ,i dont think we will go back ,we had a better meal at ruby Tuesdays for my birthday :-(

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

salford
“Great place to eat and drink”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

We are locals of Rotonda West and go once a week to "The Pig". The range and quality of food is excellent. They have different specials most weeks which are always wonderful. The food quality is equal or better than many more expensive restaurants. Great range of beers with a nice range of wines. The very entertaining Quiz Nights are run every Wednesday and they are a lot of fun with a chance to win a bottle of wine. The quiz is run for fun and everyone has a great time. A great way to become a regular! Nice options for seating include relaxing alongside a nice Woden bar, sitting at tables or in the roomy booths. There is also a nice screened patio outdoor area with fans. This place is a gem!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cape Haze, Florida
“St. Patrick's Day 2012”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

A group of us celebrated the "Wearin' of the Green" at the Pig 'n' Whistle GastroPub in 2011 and decided to attend this year. As it was last year the pub and dining room were decorated in shamrocks and other St.Paddy items. Assorted beads, badges, blinking pins, green flower lays etc. were handed at the door and by the attentive wait staff. The corned beef and cabbage was excellent and those who had the crab bisque say it is still the best by far in the area. We were extremely satisfied with our meals and drinks, ONCE AGAIN What made our experience even more delightful was the live music performed by "Piano Guy". His humor had all of us laughing while his music got everyone up dancing, clapping and singing along! I must say, If they ever do away with the "Piano Guy", the Pub will be quite a bore!! As always, reliable fine cusine and entertainment was experienced!

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boca Grande, Florida
“A little bit of Britain”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

Fairly good authentic british pub fare. THe fish and chips are my favorite.

Visited November 2011
Venice, Florida
“Too expensive for quality and quantity!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

I am not a large eater, but for the cost of the entree - it would have been nice to include a salad! I found the English Lady who is the hostess, to be extremely rude and not easy to understand. Needless to say, I will not return nor recommend Pig n Whistle. By the way, this is the second time I have visited this restaurant...I felt the same the first time, but thought I would give it a second chance...shame on me!!!!

• Visited February 2012