“Great dining” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Rockledge, Florida
“Great dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

very quaint dining experience . Outside tiki bar, great food and great prices. Full bar and extensive menu. Upstairs and downstairs dining and great stories of the restaurant being haunted.

Visited July 2012

Florida
“Great food/cozy atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

My husband and I stopped by here for lunch and believe we found a jewel. This restaurant was built in the 1920s and has since had many renovations. The cozy booth we sat in had a stained glass lamp and window. Our waitress was very attentive and accommodating and the prices are excellent for the food you get. I had the Ashley salad which had a combo of lettuce, pineapple, apple, manderine oranges, nuts and cheese...delicious! My husband had the prime rib sandwich which was full of tender meat; not bit chewy. We loved this place and wish it was in our town, not across the state!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Good Food, Great Waitress”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband and I are staying in the area on business; as we are both "chain restaurant averse," we have enjoyed exploring the local favorites. We chose Ashley's because hubby remembered having an enjoyable lunch there years ago, and, yes, we were both intrigued by the haunted reputation. While we didn't encounter any ghosts, we did receive impeccable service and a really good meal. Kristi was our waitress, definitely ask for her when you visit, she is top notch! Not only is she a long time server at Ashley's, she's also in charge of the "paranormal events" and therefore provided a wealth of information as well as her own ghost story! When we told her that we'd read the reviews on TripAdvisor (one which mentioned her), she brought the owner over to introduce him. Greg was very friendly and welcoming as well.

The decor is simple & warm, and unlike another reviewer I did not find the bathroom to be uncomfortably small; we must remember that these old buildings originally didn't have huge bathrooms as we do nowadays! It was clean and adequately served it's purpose. No spirits visited me while I was in there, though, darn it!

As far as the food, the menu is varied,something for everyone, and they were more than happy to accommodate me in my request for a vegetarian option. The Summer salad (sans turkey) was seriously the BEST salad I have ever eaten! Absolutely delicious, and quite filling as well.

Overall a pleasant dining experience, we will definitely be back!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Florida
“Not a Ghost of Chance I'll Be Back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

My daughters and friends went on Halloween night because we thought it would be awesome. However. The server was horrible even though she appeared to be an old timer. Rude, unhelpful, surprisingly brusk-it was as if she didn't want a tip! We were shocked at her attitude. The food was ok but definitely not worth being treated so badly. And it wasn't as if they were busy, either! Prices are not great either. What is the redeeming quality? It is not haunted. That must be a tale to get people to come since that's all there is that might get people in. The restaurant building itself is old and musty and small. The ladies bathroom (which is supposed to be haunted) is TINY. You can barely close the stall door on yourself. The parking is horrible. I know I sound like I don't like Ashley's. True that.

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Florida
“Great food and pleasant service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I'm kind of surprised at the reviews I am seeing as we all thought the food and service was great. A group of us visited Ashleys a couple weeks ago. I had never been but some of the others had. The restaurant is interesting and a little historical. Also supposedly haunted but the ghosts didn't come out for us!
We started with a combination appetizer platter which went well for 4 of us. Just enough to share. I had the Blackend Mahi which was perfectly seasoned and not too spicy. One of the ladies had the Talapia and her and another lady had the French onion soup. My mother in law had the Salmon which she said was good also and was a decent portion. Our friend who had the Talapia took 1/2 of it home as there was just too much to eat. We also shared a slice of Key Lime pie which was pretty good. We also tried one selection of wine and didn't like it and the waitress had no problem taking it back and bringing us a different flavor. She was really good with us considering we took up a lot of her time. Since they were not crowded we spent extra time at our table and even tho we were done eating she kept coming back to see if we wanted anything else. I want to return and try some other things on the menu.

• Visited April 2012