“Great place to hangout and enjoy soaking in cool mineral water” 4 of 5 stars

+1 876-860-8805
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Blue Hole Mineral Spring sits beneath a cavernous opening in Jamaica's terrain and is completely encased by Karst limestone. The naturally occurring minerals in the limestone act as an underground filter for the steady upwelling of water, leaving behind a luxuriously pure bath of minerals for guests to enjoy. Blue Hole Mineral Spring is located only 25 minutes southeast of Negril. If you are staying in Negril there are a number of drivers who can take you, or call and we will pick you up!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Negril
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great place to hangout and enjoy soaking in cool mineral water”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2015 NEW

Love this place, a little gem hidden away in the Jamaican bush with its Blue Mineral Water Hole and mineral water filled pool. The young men, who are the life guards, often provide impressive entertainment there. Most of the young people involved in providing services at the Blue Hole are brilliant. Polite, helpful, doing what they can to assist visitors in having a good time or encouraging them to take that 'first scary jump'! One of the things I like about the Blue Hole is the local scene there, both from the area and all over Jamaica. It's so good to see Jamaicans getting equal opportunity to enjoy the facilities which is not something you see so often at other tourist attractions. If you are intending to spend the day there take some food, there is rarely anything to eat, even a snack. The Blue Hole has come a long way, about time it looked seriously at providing some delicious, affordable food for its many visitors. Apart from that area, everything else is just perfect!

Visited July 2015

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excursion to Blue Hole Spring”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2015

Staff were friendly and informative, bar did not have ice, lunch was good. Little too many locals hanging around and too many dive performers. Would have much more appreciated in tranquility. Music being played in bar was full of profanity and not conducive to young children

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2015

That's the thing I prefered during my trip in Jamaïca. We arrived late because we were lost and trying to find something when we found the indications to the blue hole. There was no one left here but the guys who worked here and they were really nice! We could jump and we stayed quite a while in the hole, that was great occasion to have good pics and videos with my gopro.

Visited March 2015
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Must do attraction in Negril”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2015

What an great experience . I cant swim so i was in two minds about visiting the blue hole. I am so glad i did . The guide assigned to me was great and helped me every step of the way. I didnt dive but climbed down the ladder nice and slow lol. with the guide there to support me . Once down the guide wss happy to take pictures and videos and explained the history of the blue hole in detail which i found very interesting. The bluehole is currenlty under development adding many new and exciting features and when it is finished i beleive it will be the number one attraction in Negril.

Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Listen to the divers and "Hold on tight to your GoPro Camera!!!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2015

Blue Hole Mineral Spring was a great surprise. It's a little difficult to locate a sign off the main road if you're driving your own vehicle. Once you arrive, it is like an oasis. There is the mineral spring, 25ft below, a swimming pool, volley ball court, hotel, food and beverages. If you're secure in your relationship, let the divers give your lady a limestone massage. Please make it a day event.

One thing, (this is more cautionary than complaint) if you have to be an "action film" star and GoPro record everything using a chest mounted harness, please listen to the divers and hold it tightly. The divers told me they've seen jumpers lose teeth from the camera and harness kicking back upon entering the water. I listened and I still have my incisors, but did leave with a little piece of my chin missing. I would still do it again. Well worth the little scar I have.