“You'll leave very satisfied” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Racine, Wisconsin
“You'll leave very satisfied”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

We enjoyed a few cocktails at the bar before we were seated. I ordered Pork Bar-B-Q, my friends both ordered Tuna. The food arrived quickly. It was hot, tasty, artfully presented. Our staff was attentive providing us with additonal cocktails at our table. The restaurant was crowded but service was great considering how many people were there. Parking was plentiful in front of location. Will return again as soon as I get back to Florida!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Bellisimo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011 via mobile

Started with the Rickshaw cool wraps, a delightful light appetizer, with an Asian infused chicken, soy flavored with a touch of ginger Main course was Tampa strip, covered with a grilled mushroom served to a perfect medium rare. My wife had the pot roast which wad a basic culinary delight. We will be back

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia, PA
“Great experience, except for the singer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

Even during the off-season in Punta Gorda, The River City Grill had a good crowd inside. Did the crowd speak about our impending experience? Yes, it did (less the singer)
I ordered the special drink of the night, margarita; the BEST I have ever had, it was so good that I ordered a second one. The evening continued on a very high note - my husband ordered the butter fish with a mango demi-glaze, which was moist and flavorful. I believe I ordered the best dish of the restaurant, Rigatoni Bolognese. The chef must have cooked the sauce, cultivating all the flavors to create this savory dish
Our experience didn’t stop there. We claim to be particular about our desserts, thank goodness they did not disappoint. My husband ordered the rum soaked sponge cake, pineapple filling topped with cream cheese coconut icing, wow. The only complaint here, too much icing.
Not only was the food and drinks delicious, the staff was attentive, polite and very friendly. We highly recommend the River City Grill.
We had a great experience that we returned to the River City Grill the next night. My husband ordered the Rigatoni Bolognese, while I ordered the salmon wrapped in phyllo dough. Dinner was very good, but our ultimate favorite is definitely the Rigatoni! One part of our experience on Saturday night was the singer; unfortunately, she could have stayed home and we would not have missed her (sorry).

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Scotland
“Amazing food, worth every penny.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

River City Grill was recommended by the guy who rented us our villa. We all had different dishes and each of the four of us were highly delighted with the food. We will most definitely return when we come back next year. Not to be missed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
North Port, Florida
“Had a just O K dinner.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

Some restaurants are cagey. They offer a coupon and then raise the prices so high you ask yourself, are we really getting a dinner for free? This is what happened to us at River City Grill. I was in the mood for a steak but at $30 plus did not feel this was a bargain so I had ribs and chicken. While they were indeed fork tender the sauce on it was terrible. It tasted medicinal.My husband had the fish and chips and said that they were good. The other problem was they had a singer that night and the amplifier was way too loud. We could barely hear each other talk across the table. The one good thing was our waitress Angie, she was very pleasant and made the experience tolerable, thanks Angie. I think the best thing is to go for lunch, the sandwiches are much better.

• Visited August 2011