“Fabulous hidden treasure!” 5 of 5 stars

+1 941-637-8800
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jacks on Marion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 131 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Live entertainment every Thursday, Friday, Saturday evening outside on the patio (weather permitting). Indoor/outdoor bar. Happy Hour 11 am to 6pm M-Sun. Seafood and Steaks, plus Bar Menu and Lunch.Large groups welcome. Special room available for parties up to 45. Come to where we love our customers! Gift Certificates available by phone or in person.
“Fabulous hidden treasure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2014 via mobile

The macadamia goat cheese was fantastic and the seafood platter was amazing...thanks to Ashleigh for being so pleasant!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great food in a great atmosphere and GREAT service from Ashleigh. Loved the filet and the feta cheese app.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2014 via mobile

Great. Ask for Ashleigh. Cool bar. Love the look in a very cool town. We could see the. Christmasas tree out the window. Ashleigh sat down with us and made my recommendations that turned out great.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great place for late night dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2014 via mobile

Ashleigh was the best server!! Excellent food and staff!! The voodoo shrimp appetizers are the best! Nice atmosphere!!!!!!!

London, United Kingdom
“Great food and Cocktails!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

We went for my wife's Birthday on the 1/12/14. We were served by Lisa who was an excellent waitress. The food was fantastic I had the fish soup to start with (Calypso) made with coconut milk and lightly spiced (delicious) followed by the ribeye steak with Madeira mushroom sauce even more delicious!! The steak melted in my mouth having it Medium.
Cocktails were very well balanced and the rest of our table had fantastic sea food. Would highly recommend this restaurant as a special meal, a little more to pay but well worth it!! That's coming from a chef of over 20 years in the trade. Would visit again definitely.

“Food was OK but we had a big disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2014

The restaurant was advertised as open until 10:00 pm. We arrived at 8:45 for dinner, table of five. The woman who greeted us was friendly but immediately told me they were getting ready to close early because business had been slow. I said we would go somewhere else if it was a problem but she said someone would stay to take care of us. I was reluctant to stay but I trusted her commitment to wait on us.

Another server came to take our orders. The food was ok...the bill was quite high for what we had. While we were eating, the staff started turning off the lights and hanging around the bar. It felt like they really wanted us to "hurry up" so they could go home. This behavior was exactly what I mentioned when we got there but I was assured that the restaurant would remain open. Turning off lights made all of us uncomfortable to say the least.

In this seasonally-driven town, we are full-time residents, (not seasonal or tourists).We expect that restaurants will honor their posted business hours if they expect to keep year-round business. Simply because "business is slow" is a very bad business decision: typically, if a restaurant isn't open when it is advertised as open, I don't return.

• Visited November 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bill M, Owner at Jacks on Marion, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your review. I am sorry you were disappointed in your visit. As a year round resident I am sure that in your past visits you have received the excellent service and quality of food that we are known for. There are however a few nights where we close when business dies off. One being Black Friday as everyone is at the malls and almost no one is going out to eat. We also turn off the lights in some of the wings of the restaurant at night when they are not being used, just as you would turn off lights in empty rooms at your home if they were not being used. That however does not excuse the staff from making you feel uncomfortable during your meal and I will have a talk with them about hospitality. Thank you once again for your visit and we hope to see you again under better circumstances