“Our wonderful week at Fishermen's Village” 5 of 5 stars

You added Fishermen's Village Villas to your Saves list
Fishermen's Village Villas
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   1200 W Retta Esplanade, Punta Gorda, FL 33950   |
Omaha, Nebraska
“Our wonderful week at Fishermen's Village”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We have a timeshare at Fishermen's Village and just love the week we get to spend there. The shops are so fun to visit and the restaurants are wonderful. Coming from Nebraska we really enjoy the seafood. Our favorite food in Fishermen's Village is the Coconut Almond Joy ice cream made by Big Olaf a Florida based business. We had this ice cream everyday as our lunch. Our room overlooks Charlotte Harbor where we saw dolphins playing. There is so much to do in Punta Gorda. The historic downtown, the Peach River Wildlife Center where injured birds are given a home and health care, the Nature Walk, the Antique Mall to name just a few. Fishermen's Village offers entertainment and craft fairs and farmers markets. We also attended a concert night at Gilchrest Park which is just down the street.
All this in a week!

We had a great time and can't wait until next year to visit. Thank you all. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: I think they are all good rooms
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
FishVille, Resort Manager at Fishermen's Village Villas, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our Resort. There are so many wonderful things to do both on-site and nearby. Peace River Wildlife is one of our favorite local wildlife refuges and the Guitar Army in Gilchrist Park on Thursday is a musical treat for visitors and locals alike.
We look forward to your next visit with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Utica, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I just got back from my FIRST of MANY future stays at Fishermen's Village. Back in February I was visiting friends at Fishermen's Village. They showed me an awesome & unique resort. No pun intended... I was instantly hooked on Fishermen's Village. I stopped by the office inquired about purchasing weeks. The staff gave me a listing of weeks for sale, a map of the grounds and lots of helpful information. All the staff I spoke with were very helpful. After a few phone calls before I'd left Florida I had purchased 3 weeks at Fishermens Village. Excited to share them with my kids. I booked a week in April to show them what I bought. My son 24 loved it so much he too bought 3 weeks. My 21 year old daughter enjoyed all of the shops. We ate at all of the restaurants and little eateries.All very reasonably priced. We took a boat harbor cruise to see some of the many sights. Well I could go on and on but I'll sum it up like this. One morning I was purchasing the paper and a cup of coffee. A woman asked me if I was staying here. I replied yes and its my first time. She told me that she stays here often and loves it. She said " It's like being on a cruise ship!" That stuck with me. And its true! How many time shares and or resorts have what Fishermens does??? Come see for yourself and HAVE FUN. We did!

Room Tip: It's not just for "snow birds" Great family fun.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bill,
I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We are happy to have you as owners. In December, remember to voyage out on the Holiday Canal Cruises! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Village.
Eve Sweeting
Zephyrhills, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

WE stayed with friends from Buffalo New York and they loved it to. No it wasn't the ritz but it was homey with CHARACTOR! I am very pickey about the way I live but while on vacation I don't want to worry about lounging on the furniture or having fine china if thats what you want then go to one of those stuffy snobbish places where you can't walk out of you condo in your jammies and go to your car, it was very comfy. Like I wrote on the sheet I returned at check out " it was clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy". I would come back again and feel at ease bringing my grandkids. Thank you to the staff they were GREAT!!! Bob,Gigi,Bruce and Ann

Room Tip: If your there to stay indoors pick a room with a view if your there to enjoy everything thats in the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Russell, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I enjoyed our stay at this one of a kind resort. It's not new as others have pointed out but it is unique, I can stay at new places anywhere but I won't often get this experience. The rooms are the whole 2nd. floor of a shopping mall right on the water. the shops run down both sides and the rooms do too with crisscross walkways in the center. It's open with a roof above and surprisingly next to no birds in the rafters. There were performers in the center court at times for your enjoyment..you could go sit at tables or simply watch from above on the before mentioned walkways. Lots of interesting shops and restaurants as well. Our unit was #7 was facing the boats docked in harbor which you could enjoy from our balcony which was at most 25 ft. from the water. We were 2 couples, so sharing the only bathroom that opened up into both bedrooms took some getting used to. If you were using, then remember to lock their door etc. The sink area was fine size wise however, the toilet and shower room was definitely small and in the case of the shower,rather dark as the light was in toilet area and once the shower door closed only limited light made it over the top of the door. The beds were comfortable and the living room/kitchen were fine for the 4 of us. Really enjoyed the fact that if bored we, in 2 minutes could be window shopping or in a restaurant or at the water's edge. We got some excellent pictures right from the room/balcony and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Quite enjoyed the town of Punta Gorda as well and got lucky enough to be there during a street sale with several blocks closed to traffic and friendly merchants/craftsman displaying their goods.

Room Tip: Rooms 1-18 are facing the docks where the boats are and you have a nice view of water...boats and th...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

First, let me say the staff were very courteous and helpful. That is the best I can say about our experience. We are Marriott owners and thus do have high expectations when visiting a timeshare outside the Marriott system but are not snobs about it (have stayed in older resorts but always very clean with many offered amenities). This was on the bottom of the list. It is very old and outdated. The flat screen TV in the living area was plugged into a dust covered power strip which was how the tv was turned on and off. Though the remote worked to change channels and volume control, it would not turn off the tv so had to turn the power off on the power strip to turn off the tv. Some areas in the unit were full of caked on dust (power strips, sprinkler cover in bathroom); bathtub, which was molded plastic, had damage on the bottom; only bathroom in 2 bedroom unit, was extremely small (consists of toilet and tub) so much so that the door hit the toilet when closing the door with the sink located in a shared walk through area between bedrooms. What I would consider the master bedroom (unit on water side) did not have a TV though the other bedroom did (though outdated) as well as the living area. Both bedrooms had double beds which were not very comfortable. Sofa was sagging with gaps around the center cushion. Keys for the unit were actual keys on a key ring with unit number on it (if key is lost, easy for someone to enter unit). No dead bolt, just an old style chain on the door. No washer/dryer in unit, but laundry facility available for a price. The towels may have been a beige color, but they looked dingy. In fact, the entire unit looked dingy. Overall, though the unit may have been clean, it didn’t feel clean because of the age of the furnishings. There was some noise from the parking lot at night, but other than that, we didn’t experience too much noise. Though it was listed in Interval International’s resort directory as a Select Resort, it did not meet II’s guidelines as set out in their Select Resort guide.

Area itself is ok though if you’re interested in beach time, I’d say stay closer to Sarasota or Naples. Lots of strip shopping malls and lights. The closest beach I could find was Manasota Key about 40 minutes car time. We stayed in the area to explore the keys on the western side and by far, the nicest beach was Siesta Key Beach. Downtown Punta Gorda is nice and we attended the Gallery Walk on the third TH of the month which was fun. Fisherman’s Village itself was ok (units are the second floor of the Fisherman’s Village shopping mall). Couple of restaurants but very crowded for dinner. Lots of tourists in the mall but, again, noise level in units was very good. Pool was ok. We didn’t attend any functions though there were a couple offered that required some $$ input.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
FishVille, Resort Manager at Fishermen's Village Villas, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
I am glad to hear that you found our staff courteous and helpful; that is one of the characteristics we strive for. Our resort is older and smaller, but we do our best to maintain the property and keep the the villas clean for our guests. We are in the process of finding replacement furniture for our living rooms as well as making some other changes. While the cleanliness issues that you experienced should not have occurred, we would have loved the opportunity to correct the problems for you during your stay.
We are happy to have an Interval International representative stay with us once a year to discuss our rating and other matters regarding our affiliation. I am sorry to hear you do not feel we live up to their standards.
I hope that you would consider staying with us again in the future to see what changes and improvements we have made.
Eve Sweeting
Resort Manager
Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Fisherman's Village is a unique resort in a terrific Florida coastal town. The condos are spacious and comfortable with a view from your balcony of either a beautiful marina or sunsets over Charlotte Harbor, depending on the side of the resort that your room is located.
The entire resort is on a large pier. The first level consists of shops and restaurants. The condos are on the second floor. Don't miss Harpoon Harry's located at the end of the pier. What a great location! Awesome sunsets, good food and very reasonable prices.
Punta Gorda is a unique, pleasant Florida town. From Fisherman's Village you can access Harbor Walk. This 5-6 mile sidewalk stretches from Ponce de Leon Park to the south beyond the Charlotte Harbor bridges to the north, with the resort located about in the middle.
Boca Grande and the beach at Gasparilla State Park is about a half hour away.
We will definitely go back to Fisherman's Village next year!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Pinellas Park, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

So relaxing- sit on the balcony & watch all the boats in the marina come & go or on the other side watch the sunset. 5 restaraunts to choose from- 1 is perfect for the sunset right on the water. We had a 2BR-1Bath w/loft villa. Clean & comfortable. Lots of shops right there for browsing. Staff is very friendly & pleasant.

Room Tip: Marina side is most interesting w/sunrise, moon & boats to watch.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
FishVille, Resort Manager at Fishermen's Village Villas, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at Fishermen's Village! We strive to have all our guests feel welcome and relaxed while they are here. We hope that you will stay with us again!

Been to Fishermen's Village Villas? Share your experiences!