“Fun little restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

941-505-8440
Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 130 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: There is info on blogthebeach.com.
Description: There is info on blogthebeach.com.
Detroit
“Fun little restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

This was our second time having lunch here and as usual it was very busy. Prompt greeting and seating indoors (it was rather cool to eat outdoors that day). We were seated at a large table for just the two of us and we offered to share if necessary. Soon another couple joined us and we ended up not only having a delicious meal but enjoyed great company as well! My husband had the blue crabs, the house specialty, and I had 1/4 lb of boiled shrimp which was delicious. Well worth a stop for lunch and there is a fresh seafood market attached to the building around the back. Fresh, fresh, fresh seafood.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Old Florida style fish house”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Stopped by for a late lunch after a trip to Fisherman's Village and reading restaurant reviews for Punta Gorda. This place is a bit out of town but not too far off of 75. The restaurant is in what looks like an old house with a porch addition. It was full inside so we opted for a picnic table outside. It was a bit chilly and windy, but oh well. Our waitress was a bit hurried and abrupt. She voiced being annoyed by some of the customers wanting to change tables because of the wind.....I had the 1/2 pound shrimp/crab cake special.....shrimp were huge, crab cake was just ok. My husband had their jumbalya which he said was excellent. There was a blue crab special that many people were enjoying as we walked thru to our table. This certainly isn't fine dining but the seafood was good and fresh.

Visited March 2014
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Heard it was supposed to have good food, so my wife and I stopped for lunch. Supposed to be "old Florida style" (quaint dump) and we were seated outdoors. I ordered a $16 grouper sandwich which was nothing special and my wife does not even remember what she got. Paper plates and plastic silverware. Service was poor and waitress acted like she was doing us a favor.
Never again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Excellent seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I am not a big seafood fan, BUT this seafood was excellent! I had the Groper sandwich I had never seen such a thick piece of fish, which was excellent. They also had Florida lobster which is very hard to find, in a restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seaside Rental Southern Exposure
“Thought it would be filled with locals, but....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

We visited this restaurant while driving from Fort Myers to Orlando...we thought it would be filled with locals, but everyone around us was from the North! We had their steamed platter which consisted of 10 shrimp, 10 oysters & 10 clams. Food was delicious & beer was cold. Service was friendly and quick! I heard some fellow diners ask for modifications from items on menu and they were quick to give you what you wanted. Every table was full but turnover was quick. Great place!

• Visited February 2014