“Peace River Seafood helped me like seafood!” 5 of 5 stars

941-505-8440
Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 131 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: There is info on blogthebeach.com.
Description: There is info on blogthebeach.com.
Orlando, Florida
“Peace River Seafood helped me like seafood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I'm not a seafood fan. Those who are can sometime make fun of me because I only like fried shrimp - to them, an abomination. Our stop at Peace River Seafood I figured I'd end up not eating much, and while I still didn't go for a full meal, their fish was so fresh, well prepared, and done perfectly, even I was having a wonderful meal. In fact, I do enjoyed my meal and their fresh seafood (we were told nothing was more than 3 hours "old") that I actually had cravings to return!
We did so, my taking my own family for the next visit and once again, it was everything I had experienced the first time.
There are plenty of options and even if you're like me (not a seafood lover) you can get a burger. That, which I actually trued the second time and had bites from my family's plates, was actually average at best. I ended up not finishing the burger and having more of their seafood than I'd planned.
You can also buy fresh seafood here to take home and prepare. Great food, average pricing for seafood, fun and "locals know it" atmosphere.

• Visited November 2011

Newnan, GA
“Bucket of Blue Crabs Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Wonderful, fresh seafood straight from Charlotte Harbor. We had the all you can eat garlic blue crabs for $20. Really fresh and delicious. They serve a smoked mullet dip with crackers that is to die for. By the way, that is free. If you like mullet, you have to try the smoked mullet. This is just a small wooden house. Don't be fooled by the exterior, go inside. The staff is very friendly and did I mention the food was terrific! They also have a little seafood market where you can buy fresh seafood.

Visited June 2012
Hertford, North Carolina
“Freshest snapper ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stopped in for lunch and they were cleaning snapper that had just been caught....I had it broiled and it was absolutely perfect!!! I love the casual ambiance. Sides are fresh and simple...just a great meal. Be sure to check them out.

Port Charlotte, Florida
“Unbelievable Crab Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I have been in Charlotte County over 25 years and this was the First Time I have had all u can eat Crabs at Peace River Seafood. I havnt had crab like this since leaving the Boston area over 27 years ago. My friends also each had wonderful meals and I even took 7 crabs home to eat another day. A customer took us to this wonderful diamond in the rough last week for Lunch and I don"t know why we waited so long to go there for Dinner. We will definitely be back with Friends,family and Customers.

North Port, Florida
“PEACE RIVER SEAFOOD RESTAURANT IS EXCELLENT!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

We went to the Peace River Seafood Restaurant for the 1st time last evening. We both had the Creole with a generous amount of Jumbo Shrimp, Andoullie Sausage, and delicious spices and veggies plus corn on the cob. It is the best Creole we have ever had, better than in New Orleans. Do not miss this Gem of a restaurant a few minutes off of 75 in Punta Gorda. We can't wait to return! The wait staff & owner were so pleasant and attentive!