“BIG DISAPPOINTMENT & NOT AN INEXPENSIVE RESTAURANT!” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Opus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 130 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: American, European, Seafood, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Sullivan
Description: Our goal is to bring outstanding food quality and warm, friendly customer service together under one roof to create an outstanding dining experience unique to this area. In a world where rushed meals have become an icon of contemporary culture, the unparalleled luxury of a relaxed dinner spent at OPUS Restaurant will reaffirm that food is indeed a celebration of life!
North Port, Florida
“BIG DISAPPOINTMENT & NOT AN INEXPENSIVE RESTAURANT!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

This was the second time we dined at Opus! The first time was great, we have the Hazelnut crusted Chicken w/fingerlin potatoes & veggies. I had read bad reviews, but like to decide for ourselves. Well, we have the exact same dish & the chicken was bone dry. The potatoes were soggy. The waiter said he would tell the chef. The check was $120. We will not be returning to this restaurant again. Much to expensive at $24 for a chicken dish to have it not taste good. At these prices, the chef should ALWAYS be excellent. No excuses!

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

SweetonGeeks
“New Gem...Finally”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Aside from Perfect Caper I haven't had a restaurant I adore in Punta Gorda in a while. Opus has remedied that for this foodies. Now with that said I will offer criticism as well to balance my adoration of the place. The tomato salad was amazing but I wished for Mozzarella over goat cheese but that's just me. The filet was so delicious (REALLY) but my medium rare was more medium. However, the flavors were balanced with the gorgeous sweet leeks. The pot de creme was delicious even though the texture was more ganache and less custard-like. They have some new menu items I am looking forward to trying like a lemon sorbet in a lemon shell. The service is always impeccable and well timed. The atmosphere is so soothing, from the comfortable chairs to the excellent music selections. Prices are right on for the quality of service and food. They hit the perfect note for a retreat on a hot night. I expect Opus to continue getting better and better!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
North Port, Florida
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

We ordered from the FixePrix menu and were not disappointed. My wife has a generous portion of Yellon Fin Bass and I had the pork tenderloin.The pork was cut in small medallions, with a strip of BBsauce on top, nesting on Maple Laced Grits. The flavors exploded in my mouth! Male wait staff was very attentive and not obtrusive. You MUST put this resaturant on your to do list

• Visited April 2012
Concord, New Hampshire
“Very tasteful; very tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Based on some research on TripAdvisor and the restaurant's own website, I decided to try it for dinner. I started with the Carpaccio Duo, and it was the best of both worlds. Some fine beef filet and tuna. Very good. I then had the Seared Grouper. The fish was a bit more cooked than seared, but still passable. The sauce and accompaniments were very good.
One quibble: when I am solo I like to eat at the bar, and this one was very nice except for the chairs. They sit too low, you feel like a little kid with your chin barely clearing the table. I would still go back for the food, though.

Visited April 2012
Mukilteo, Washington
“A touch of elegance in Punta Gorda”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

If you want a quiet atmosphere with wonderful LIVE background music, great food, and wonderful service you need to go to Opus. I had the grouper with fresh vegetables and a delicious caper sauce-cooked perfectly. The only criticism I would make is we were celebrating a birthday and they did not recognize it in any way.
We would go back, but but not for a birthday.

• Visited March 2012